Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey. We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
As an Architect, you'll join Platform Engineering Team, a team that is responsible on for building and maintaining Internal Development Platform.
As an Architect you will 1) work with Product teams on technically complex projects where you will prepare solution designs, guide technical solutions and mentor developers, 2) work with Platform teams on improving our Internal Development Platform.
What you'll do
- Evaluate, supply input and help us build and grow our application architecture.
- As a technical domain expert take part in the entire project lifecycle - from business discussions to product and technical designing solutions, realization and product rollouts.
- Ensuring developed products are reliable, performant, and scalable (based on product objectives/requirements).
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into technical and execution plans (technical design, resource planning and estimates, POCs, etc.).
- Effectively communicate solutions within engineering and incorporate technical stakeholder's requirements and guidelines into solution design.
- Work with Python, Golang, MySQL, Kafka and AWS services.
On day one you'll bring
- Strong engineering foundation, high motivation, and growth mindset.
- Deep knowledge and experience with one of Bitstamp's problem domains.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design building and evolving highly scalable and performant web services.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software in a software lead role.
- Solid understanding of cloud ecosystem and cloud design patterns (AWS).
- Experience in mentoring and motivating other team members to improve and grow.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Active knowledge of the English language.
We'll love it even more if you have
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence others. Experience in managing solution delivery and project life cycle (end-to-end ownership).
- Worked with and built successful products with remote development teams.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A self-solver - you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Ambitious and driven - the ability to focus your energy on where it matters the most.
- A strong communicator - an open and clear communicator who is confident in their convictions but listens with fairness.
- Hybrid working/full time in Slovenia or remote working/full time in Croatia.
The benefits of Life at Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology.
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚. The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture. We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us. Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.