We are launching the MVP for our own self-sovereign identity (SSI) application suite (Gimly ID) in Q3, implementing SSI for passwordless single sign-on and confidential data exchange in dApps as well as conventional enterprise systems. Gimly ID is blockchain agnostic, with the MVP implementing the Ethereum DID method, and Polkadot and other blockchain networks planned for future releases.
Our focus areas for Gimly ID are:
- Healthcare: physicians credentialling, patient's electronic health records.
- Enterprise: privacy preserving employee authentication and delegated authorizations.
- Supply chain: verifiable identities of things and confidential data exchange.
- NFTs: verifiable creator’s identity and NFT provenance.
- Fintech: privacy preserving authentication and KYC requirements in DeFi and regulated DeFi.
As our CTO and co-founder, you will be the technical face of Gimly and take a leading role in our fast growing startup. You will be responsible for refining and executing our technical strategy and operational security, researching different SSI and blockchain technologies, and for the implementation of Gimly ID and other products. Importantly, you will also be responsible for building up our in-house and distributed development team and ensuring a healthy learning environment where team members can fully enjoy growing their expertise.
- Leading the full development cycle, including product definition with technical requirements and development planning, quality-assurance processes and DevOps.
- On time delivery of high quality code: hands-on development and delegating tasks to team members.
- Liaising with team members, management, clients and partners to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and developments and adjust our strategy accordingly when needed.
- Building up our in-house / distributed development team.
- Contribute to raising funds and grants.
To be successful, you should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify risks and potential problems and of course the solutions. While you are an outstanding software developer yourself, you should also be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. An outstanding CTO breeds trust among their peers through competence and transparency about challenges, successes, as well as failures. You have no problem jumping on a call with our clients or partners to break down complex technical topics and you are equally comfortable co-writing the development plan in a grant proposal.
- 3+ years (FTE) of experience leading development teams with SCRUM-like methodologies.
- 2+ years (FTE) of experience with blockchain development (e.g. ethereum, eosio, polkadot, but learning new tech is also part of the job).
- 1+ years (FTE) AWS or other cloud infrastructure and DevOps. Kubernetes is a plus.
- Good understanding of cryptography and privacy and security considerations.
- Strong communicator in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible working hours and remote work possible.
- Be the technical face of a fast growing startup in a rapidly emerging industry.
- Work on blockchain products with a focus on decentralized identity solutions (e.g. SSI).
- Work with bleeding edge technology — help shape the emerging SSI standards.
- Contribute to open source — much of our work is on open source components and standards.
- Learn and tinker with all kinds of emerging technologies — we are bringing blockchain and IoT to real world implementations.
- Salary indication, depending on experience: €65000 - €85000 per year.
- Co-founding (5-20% equity) is a possibility.
Gimly focuses on Identity, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Blockchains, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Amsterdam. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.gimly.io or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn.