The Stacks Foundation is a leader within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to deliver on the promises of Web3. We do this by extending what is possible with Bitcoin and by unleashing the properties that make it valuable for use throughout our digital lives.
We are looking for an experienced blockchain developer to work with the Stacks core developers throughout the ecosystem and become not only a key contributor but an important voice in the direction of new development for the network.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a problem solver, a strong communicator, work well with various stakeholders, have patience for details, like to brainstorm things that are only newly possible, and are a self-starter. This role has a lot of autonomy but moves at a fast pace. You’ll work alongside an ambitious and friendly team. You’ll be best suited if you have experience working in diverse development ecosystems and have open source experience.
- Join the full life cycle of the Stacks blockchain and related software development, including requirement gathering, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation and support
- Focus on core Stacks blockchain infrastructure, including relevant service, framework and libraries
- Contribute creativity and insight to solve both technical and business challenges of developers and entrepreneurs building on the Stacks blockchain
5+ years of experience in systems programming, with deep involvement in the design, implementation, and testing of at least one non-trivial systems-level software project.
- Wide breadth of knowledge of algorithms and data structures, especially those pertaining to databases, cryptography, and networked systems.
- Wide breadth and depth of knowledge of network protocols at every conceptual layer in the OSI model
- Proficiency in algorithm analysis, especially in determining the worst-case algorithm time and space.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, testing, and debugging peer-to-peer networked systems that operate in wide-area contexts
- Proficiency in at least one UNIX-like operating system.
- An ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and hit the ground running on a complex software project
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Familiarity with programming language design and implementation
- Experience with blockchains and dapp platforms
- Experience modeling distributed systems, or performing any sort of formal reasoning about their safety and liveness properties
- Interest and enthusiasm for crypto markets, blockchain technology, decentralized finance, and the whole Web3 ecosystem
- Experience with RUST
- Experience in setting up and running blockchain nodes
- Proficient in at least one backend environment like NodeJS or frameworks like Express or Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding and comfort with SQL (MySQL, Postgres etc) and No-SQL storage (Mongo, Redis etc) system
- Experience with building tests (unit, integration, end-to-end), Open source experience, cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
We’d like to hear from you even if you don’t meet every point exactly.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary (regardless of location, benchmarked annually against NYC)
- $500/month co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health and dependent care (FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
- Fully remote in the US - no physical office
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full-time U.S.-based employees. Benefit information for non-US-based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
The Stacks Foundation wants to make it easier for experiments to happen on the road to a better internet on Bitcoin. Our work supports builders, entrepreneurs, researchers, & contributors to the user-owned internet economy. We fund development, education, and community initiatives to build that vision together.
The Stacks Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.