Our client Starkware is hiring for a Business Development Manager.
Starkware is a pioneer in cryptographic proofs (also called “zk proofs”), and the largest layer 2 Blockchain platform by transaction volume. Through our customers like dYdX (decentralised perpetuals trading), Sorare (NFTs for European Soccer, Major League Baseball and NBA) and ImmutableX (large NFT gaming marketplace), we’ve settled close to $1T directly on Ethereum. With our layer 2 scaling technology, StarkWare saves customers up to 1000x on Ethereum gas fees while giving them Ethereum level security and decentralisation. We have also raised over $200m from the leading VCs in Web3 - GreenOaks, Tiger Global, Coatue, Sequoia, Paradigm, etc - at a current $8bn Val.
StarkWare is based in Israel, and is expanding its business development team, both in Israel and abroad, to accelerate its growth. For this role, we're focused on either US or Europe based candidates with strong networks in those regions.
As a Business Development Manager, you will:
- Build and manage your own outbound and inbound pipelines, across priority industry verticals, including DeFi, Web3 infrastructure, retail and institutional FSI, media and entertainment, and gaming.
- Manage the end to end customer funnel, from initial outreach to contract completion.
- Build and manage the partnership funnel across priority industry players, including consulting partners (eg. dev shops) and technology integration partners.
- Provide post-integration customer support, identifying ways to accelerate customer growth through partner connections, customer introductions and marketing opportunities.
- Act as ambassador for the StarkWare value proposition, attending and speaking at conferences, contributing to blog posts and other channels.
- Liaise with the product, marketing and engineering teams to provide prompt and timely insights from the field.
- Work with BD leadership to identify and develop solutions to improve individual team and productivity.
- 5+ years in BD or strategic sales role.
- 2+ years working in a Web3 business (crypto exchange, Dapp, Layer 1 / 2 protocol, Web3 dedicated VC).
- An established network in the Web3 ecosystem focused in the US.
- A strong working knowledge of blockchain technologies (Ethereum, Layer 2 scaling solutions, DeFi).
- Willingness to travel at least once a month.
- Demonstrated desire to dive deep on new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technologies in easy to understand ways.