Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX’s vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
Who We Are:
OK Group's cryptocurrency exchanges (Okcoin and OKX) are two of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
OK Group has a U.S. Office in San Jose, California, and other offices in the United States (Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City), Europe, Asia, and Australia.
About the Team:
The Chief Banking Officer function at OK Group is part of the Strategic Partnerships Division and is responsible for the FIAT, Payment, Banking & PSP network at the company. We’re a team of strategists and tacticians committed to building a robust global FIAT network for the entire group to allow our institutional and retail clients on- and offboard seamlessly and instantaneously through their preferred FIAT channels in a compliant and risk-optimized way. Our team consists of top finance, infrastructure, and payment professionals who are based across our global offices. This team collaborates closely with legal, risk, finance, product, engineering, and business teams to meet local and global business obligations to unlock new markets and accelerate growth across the globe.
About the Opportunity:
The Chief Banking Officer is a senior management role and will be responsible for the execution and optimization of OK Group's global banking & payment vendor strategy.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional, tactical environment striving to continuously extend and optimize the entire group's FIAT rails and adjacent product vendor relationships. You will carry the responsibility to remove major bottlenecks for client onboarding under consideration of regulatory and technical ramifications, whilst nurturing key partner relationships across the globe to turn them into client funnels through innovative strategic partnership initiatives on the product, commercial, and legal level.
What We Look For In You:
1. Americas, EMEA, and APAC global banking & payment leadership experience
2. Strong executive network & relationship management experience in banking & payments sector
3. Solid understanding of Digital Asset Banking and institutional trading & custody infrastructure landscape
4. Experience in managing & optimizing cross-functional FIAT product workflows including Payment, Compliance, and Risk products
5. Experience at established tradfi + track record of building FIAT rails and product at Fintech startup (Latter more important than former)
6. Track record of multiple internal promotion with previous employer due to strong performance
7. Track record of working with product to optimize Payment, Compliance, Risk product procurement, vendor management & contract negotiations
8. Experience leading and managing a team to deliver FIAT partnerships
9. Need to be able to travel frequently
10. Exceptional networker with high-touch sales & relationship management ability.
11. Must be able to put oneself in any counterparty's shoes, discern their key goals and drivers, and leverage one's network & product knowledge to formulate winning narratives.
12. Strong communication skills. Know how to build consensus and partnership, particularly with risk averse counterparties.
13. Hunter mentality with a surgical approach, must be self-driven and proactively escalate roadblocks and involvement of leadership, when necessary.
14. Strategic thinker with an ability of quick, tactical decision making to achieve immediate results in high pressure situations.
15. Master the concept & trade of social value
16. Passionate & knowledgeable about the crypto & digital asset space
17. Willingness to overdeliver with a touch of perfectionism
1. Previous senior leadership and/or sales position in strategy or strategic partnerships
2. Professional crypto background
3. Strong academics
4. Impeccable referrals (Bearbeitet)