Sawhorse Interactive is searching for an experienced Community Manager to join our mission of building a best-in-class studio pushing the boundaries of immersive experience gameplay.
Looking for an enthusiastic Community Manager to develop and execute comprehensive community strategies to increase Sawhorse brand affinity and traffic to custom-built Roblox experiences, extending the reach of our brand partners across social and digital channels. You will play a pivotal role as part of the marketing department and its strategies as the company continues to build dynamic experiences for world-famous brands. Comprehensive knowledge of Discord, social media, Roblox, and all major UGC gaming and metaverse platforms is key.
This is an early-stage career position that requires a strong strategic mindset, exceptional communication skills, a track record of managing successful communities, and a passion for gaming and emerging media.
- Develop and execute community engagement strategies to build and nurture a vibrant and inclusive Discord community.
- Identify, recruit and engage with influential and community members and advocates, nurturing relationships and leveraging their support to enhance the company’s growth and reputation.
- Manage and moderate the Discord server(s), ensuring adherence to community guidelines and maintaining a respectful and safe environment.
- Engage with community members proactively, addressing their inquiries, concerns, and feedback promptly and professionally.
- Plan and organize community events, contests, and initiatives to encourage participation and foster a sense of community.
- Conduct research and outreach to developers, designers and creators within the Roblox community to attract them to participate in our experiences and campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze community activity, providing regular data-driven reports and insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, development, and production to align community initiatives with company goals.
- Analyze data, derive meaningful insights, and make data-driven recommendations for community optimization.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team, providing input, feedback, and support to drive innovative and high-quality marketing initiatives.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, gaming culture, emerging media, and community management, particularly in relation to Discord, Roblox and the metaverse.
- Foster a fun and creative work environment, contributing to the overall company culture and actively participating in team discussions and ideation sessions.
A strong candidate for this position should have the following qualities:
- Proven experience as a Community Manager or similar role, preferably within a large-scale Roblox-centered Discord community server.
- Strong understanding of Roblox communities, social dynamics, and community management strategies.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for reaching each out to new people and proactively building relationships
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, capable of developing community engagement and growth strategies and campaigns that break new ground and attract attention.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and connect with diverse community members.
- Proficient in managing Discord servers, utilizing its features, moderation tools, and bots effectively.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation, with a track record of leveraging data to drive community optimizations.
- Ability to handle and de-escalate challenging situations with diplomacy and empathy.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (especially TikTok, YouTube, and Twitter) and experience managing accounts on these platforms.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities to develop innovative community engagement initiatives.
- Passion for our industry and the ability to effectively represent our company values and voice within the community.
- Familiarity with analytics tools to track community metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry, gaming culture, and Roblox is highly desired.
NICE TO HAVES
- Enthusiasm for emerging media, technology, and the metaverse.
- A background of working for several companies on many different kinds of games.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Roblox and Fortnite community expectations.
- Intermediate knowledge of web3 platforms and crypto mechanics, including NFTs, decentralized exchanges, and Ethereum Layer 2.
- Experience with digital fashion on Roblox, Zepeto, Decentraland, or similar platforms avatar platforms.
Sawhorse is a content studio specializing in video production, immersive experience production, and software development. We are a group of passionate directors, editors, programmers, product managers and creative pioneers.
Sawhorse Interactive produces client content, but we don’t just make ads.
Our north star principles:
- Our experiences are FUN
- Our experiences look HIGH FIDELITY
- Our clients love us because we are ON BRAND
Our releases include:
- Alo Sanctuary
- Stranger Things Immersive Watch Party - Nominated for a 2022 PGA award
- Tommy Play - Nominated for a Webby award
- Elton John’s 'Beyond The Yellow Brick Road'
- Fashion Klossette
- And numerous digital fashion releases on web3 platforms
Our office is located in Los Angeles. You will have the option to work from our office or remotely. US-based is preferred.
This position is generally M-F 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, and will start with a freelance probation period of 90 days, and then move to full time if everyone is aligned.
- Annual bonus structure
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- 401(k) company matching
$50,000.00 - $70,000.00 /yr + Bonus
Sawhorse Productions is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Sawhorse Productions will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Sawhorse Productions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.