Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
About the Opportunity:
As Compliance Lead, FIU, you will lead a team responsible for the design, build-out, and effectiveness of our detection, monitoring, investigations and reporting program for financial crimes related to money laundering, terrorist financing, market abuse, etc. You will also monitor laws, regulations, industry best practices for enhancing the program and controls. This role requires strong leadership skills, AML/trade surveillance domain expertise, as well as stakeholder management skills to handle complex matters, program/control implementation, vendor integration, and ensure our program complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations across jurisdictions. The position reports directly to the Head of Compliance Advisory.
What You'll be Doing:
- Developing and maintaining robust transaction monitoring program, procedures, controls, and frameworks
- Managing AML and trade surveillance investigations and SAR reporting process
- Developing rules and scenarios and validation of rule output, as well as creating an optimization process to fine-tune and continuously improve rule performance
- Working effectively with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Data, Engineering, Product, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement a transaction monitoring program and related controls in line with the global standards and industry best practices
- Monitor and assess compliance with laws, regulations and policies (including BSA/AML and OFAC, crypto Travel Rule, FATF Guidances, etc) and similar types of regulation globally
- Lead complex forensic investigations, triggered internally or from law enforcement requests
- Conduct blockchain analytics to monitor typologies/trends/patterns to better detect and deter suspicious activity
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of direct experience managing transaction monitoring and AML investigations within regulated financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- Strong technical experience and knowledge of both fiat and crypto transaction monitoring systems, typologies, rules & scenarios, and red flags
- Analytical and metrics-driven mindsight to create substantiated solutions
- Fundamental knowledge in BSA/AML/market surveillance regulations and policies, and similar types of regulation globally
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process and project management skills with attention to detail, proactive and well organized
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a US multinational or matrix environment
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- CAMS, ICA, or equivalent certification
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $225,000.
- The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.