Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance program and culture of the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior transaction monitoring/investigations experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help support the day-to-day transaction monitoring and suspicious activity investigations and reporting program for financial crimes related to money laundering and terrorist financing. This role will also entail supporting the operational teams in building out processes along the investigations lifecycle. You will report into the FIU Lead and collaborate with other stakeholders, such as Risk and Law Enforcement teams. You will demonstrate excellent knowledge in regulatory requirements in AML, investigations process, systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage the AML Investigations team for their day-to-day operations.
- Support current operational processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Evaluate AML transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting requirements for all countries where applicable.
- Help build out tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to roll out enhancements to systems and tools that facilitate operational efficiencies and meet regulatory requirements.
- Make recommendations for and help implement process improvements and procedure updates across the AML Investigations teams including Transaction Monitoring, Blockchain Investigations, Special Investigations and Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Draft and maintain relevant standard operating procedures and drive high quality and efficiency in operational processes.
- Stay abreast of changes to the cryptocurrency industry, financial crime trends, and regulatory requirements to assess impact to Transaction Monitoring.
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of direct and strong technical experience in BSA/AML investigations and operations in relevant financial crimes, transaction monitoring and investigation roles.
- Analytical and metrics-driven mindsight to create substantiated solutions.
- Fundamental knowledge in BSA/AML regulations and policies (including OFAC, Crypto Travel Rule, FATF Guidance), and similar types of regulation globally.
- Experience performing in a fast-paced environment and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong process and project management skills with attention to detail, proactive and well organized.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical, and comfortable to question and challenge the status quo.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working independently and with team members of all levels.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Knowledge with BSA/AML, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- CAMS, PMI, or relevant industry certifications.
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.