What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Compliance Officer within the Circle Compliance and Risk function in Singapore. In this role, you will support the Compliance & Risk officer APAC in driving the strategy of risk management and compliance for Singapore, as well as the implementation and execution of controls that adequately comply with applicable regulatory and enterprise risk management requirements. This role will also act as the point of contact with regulators in Singapore and will represent Circle’s engagement with them. The role will involve working with a broad range of cross-functional partners, including Finance, Tax, Legal, Business, Policy and other Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management team members to collaboratively design the regulatory compliance and risk strategy and implement the day to day functioning of our programs for all compliance and risk topics, such as Licensing, KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions Screening, Reporting, Consumer Protection and Risk Governance. You will lead on creating and managing a highly effective program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and is within our risk appetite and tolerance levels. The right candidate will possess and demonstrate deep regulatory, strategic, risk management, process and systems design, communication, time management, data analytics, presentation and change agility abilities.
What you'll work on:
- Drive the strategy, framework and execution of our Compliance program to ensure applicable regulatory requirements and our company’s risk requirements are being met comprehensively.
- Work closely with Regional Compliance Lead, broader Compliance, ERM, Legal, Product, Operations and other cross-functional teams to understand the overall business environment and be a point of contact for the day to day implementation and execution of Compliance policies related to Singapore and the APAC region.
- Support regional license application processes through the development of necessary materials, addressing queries and coordinating regulatory responses.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory reporting obligations and responsiveness to any regulatory engagements.
- Partner with other leaders to design and implement the Compliance framework and system for our business.
- Interface with local regulators and other external stakeholders in explaining our Compliance and Risk Management program.
- Serve as a point of contact for Compliance and Risk Management with key stakeholders and partners with respect to relevant technology and operational process designs.
- Monitor AML and other relevant regulatory developments, and maintain advanced knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations, and ensure processes are in place to keep the business updated on such developments.
- Proactively analyze trends and patterns in alerts for AML and other parts of Compliance and effectively design our program.
- Perform oversight over our processing environment to ensure local compliance requirements are being followed as expected.
- Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards.
- Be responsible for coordinating with teams to handle escalations and reporting of suspicious transactions pursuant to regulatory obligations.
- Support the AML and Compliance Program through production of key performance indicators (metrics) and other reporting.
- Report on and oversee internal and external investigations of money laundering and other financial crimes both alone and in collaboration with other internal stakeholders and outside counsel
- Act as a delegate for the Regional compliance lead as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of relevant experience within a financial services/technology regulatory compliance role, law enforcement role, or government agency role with deep expertise in financial crimes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience as stated above.
- Have expert knowledge of regulatory obligations in Singapore, including MLRO, AML/Counter Terrorist Financing/Sanctions and Digital Asset regulatory requirements.
- Have extensive experience in direct interaction experience with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Proven ability to work with global teams in setting appropriate compliance programs.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (red flags, typologies), process and system intricacies used in online, mobile and blockchain-based environments.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and demonstrate a strong work ethic as well as a high degree of integrity.
- Be capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and providing timely constructive feedback.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills.
- Establishes trust and collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders and team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.