About the Team:
The Arcological Association oversees the regenerative growth of PLN projects building out the public good and network goods teams.
The Association works as a decentralized funding vehicle for common/public good funders with the immediate step of building out efficient legal and operational infrastructure via a Swiss Association. Operational overhead support will remove a barrier to allow for high impact/highly optimized allocation of funding to move quickly to projects who are working on public goods. Funders can act independently within their thesis, with a long term/end state goal of developing mini-funds to decentralize grant allocations to public goods.
About the Role:
We are looking for a COO of Arcological to partner with the CEO to build out and oversee the operations side of the house (legal, finance, IT, etc.) and ultimately scale the reach of Protocol Labs Infrastructure and ultimately, the growth of web 3.0
As COO of Arcological, you will...
- Build and oversee the build out and supporting teams of the group, including legal, finance, IT, company structure, etc.
- Partner with the CEO to drive goal setting, OKRs, and develop systems to track and analyze metrics for each of the different teams and efforts
- Work with multi-stakeholders to expand the reach of core Protocol Labs infrastructure (e.g. IPFS, libp2p, Filecoin) - collaborating closely with Network Goods, Research and Funding teams.
- Oversee the team’s day-to-day operation and ensure consistent, rapid, and effective execution according to the defined vision and strategy
- Drive alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Manage projects operational structures from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Can lead operational processes, build teams, and work with ambiguity remotely
- Have 5+ years experience leading capital allocation, investment operations or held a COO position at a growing startup, working with a cohesive cross-functional leadership team
- Comfortable and fluent with remote work environments and communication tools like slack, discord and notion
- Strong passion for and understanding of blockchain ecosystems
- Experience with decentralized high-growth technology company
- Can channel perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Able to comfortably dive into or learn any area of the business, understand business needs, and facilitate decisions
- Experience in building blockchain/open-source developer ecosystems
- Thrive in ambiguity
- Seeks out creative problem solving
- Understands failure is not the end point
- Grew up with or on the internet
- Enjoys figuring out things that lack conclusions