TITLE: Crypto-Currency SME (CCS)
Location: Nationwide- other locations TBD
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET
When you make the decision to join KACE, you are choosing to work alongside talented professionals that have one thing in common; the passion to make a difference!
KACE employees bring their diverse talents and experiences to work on critical projects that help shape the nation’s safety, security, and quality of life. The desire to have a career that is purposeful and forward thinking is woven into every KACE employee…it’s The KACE Way.
KACE employees are; purpose driven, forward focused, open-minded, trustworthy and invested.
The KACE Way is our commitment to our employees, to our customers, and to our communities.
Join KACE and make a difference!
About The Role
The Asset Forfeiture Program (AFP or the Program) is a nationwide law enforcement program that operates as an effective and powerful weapon in the fight against crime. The principal mission of the AFP is to ensure that the forfeiture of criminals’ assets remains an effective deterrent to crime.
Asset Forfeiture Investigation Support Services (AFISS) Federal employees, contract personnel, and state and local law enforcement officials work cooperatively in investigating and prosecuting cases involving asset seizure and forfeiture to support the AFP’s mission.
The Crypto-Currency SME (CCS) will perform Cryptocurrency analysis, Blockchain analytics, Open Internet, including social media, Deep and Dark Web intelligence gathering and analysis, data analytics, and electronic evidence analysis related to cybercrime investigations. As a CCS, you will be able to perform the services required in one of the areas of SFI, LA, FA, or CFE, as well as be an expertise in Virtual/Crypto-currency.
What You Will Do
The Crypto-Currency SME (CCS) shall demonstrate experience sufficient to perform Cryptocurrency analysis, Blockchain analytics, Open Internet, including social media, Deep and Dark Web intelligence gathering and analysis, data analytics, and electronic evidence analysis related to cybercrime investigations.
Research and Analysis
Cyber Investigation and Support
- Perform tasks and services necessary for research and development related to the identification, analysis, and techniques of cutting-edge government and private sector information technology and services aimed at enhancing the investigative capabilities of Federal Agencies’ Cyber Crimes Units.
- Perform on-site analytical case support, including Internet monitoring, evidence analysis, and data collection and exploitation. Contractors shall provide expertise in cybercrime investigative and analytical case support, with specific expertise in attribution, cyber data analytics, and virtual currency tracing.
- Work directly on cases with Federal Agencies agents and partner law enforcement agencies to provide on-site analytical input by leveraging CI-provided data, systems, services, and tools.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Must be able to perform the Cyber targeting, Cyber Recon, Cyber Fraud, and analysis
- Database forensics, analysis, and modeling.
- Virtual currency analysis and tracing of dominant and alternate crypto currencies, defi tokens and/or privacy coins
- Input all researched and analyzed data into various professional products for statistical analysis data, intelligence summaries, and power point presentations for law enforcement use.
Position subject to require travel to local establishments to obtain information, so a valid driver’s license is necessary. Individuals performing these services may need to speak to individuals that do not speak English as their first language.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, and or demonstrated relevant work experience in Cyber, Dark Web, and cryptoanalysis and environment.
- 3+ years’ experience with open-source (OSINT) methodologies to conduct blockchain analysis, trace the flow of funds, and complete comprehensive reports
- 3+ years’ experience working with current dark web and general web research methodologies.
- Experience with identifying and analyzing Virtual Currency or Cryptocurrency transactions through dark web sources
- Preferred experience in the area of law enforcement with specific investigative competency in Forfeiture, Domestic and Transnational Organized Crime, White Collar Crime, Financial/Money Laundering, Cyber Crimes, Drug, Illicit Trade Finance, or similar area of activity
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to express thoughts and ideas to diverse audiences
- Experience in working with Virtual/Crypto-Currency
- Must have experience in working on complex financial investigations
- Applicant required to develop training and certification for the Government on this specialized area.
- obtainment of relevant, current training and certification.
The KACE Company, LLC is a federal contractor. The health and safety of our employees, partners, and customers is our priority. We have implemented workplace safety protocols and constantly monitor the evolving situation to adjust our COVID-19 response as needed. Additionally, as a federal contractor, we have policies from certain customers that require personnel working onsite to be fully vaccinated or regularly provide negative COVID-19 test results.
- Knowledgeable, encouraging and present leadership
- A diverse and community-minded organization
- Career growth and learning opportunities for aspiring minds
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.kacecompany.comKACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.