Welcome to Aleo
Aleo is building the world's leading developer platform for private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.
Aleo is looking for a developer advocate who will be responsible for creating content, tools and approaches that support both new and existing developers within the Aleo ecosystem. You will work closely with Aleo’s Head of Growth to help simplify the process of building, deploying, operating and optimizing the products and services that these developers build on the Aleo network. You will need to establish a roadmap and framework that enables our community to successfully build scalable applications leveraging the privacy-preserving properties unique to our platform. We are open to hiring multiple skill levels for this position.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify and source developer communities that can build on Aleo.
- Develop educational materials to help people understand Aleo’s tech stack as well as foundational concepts around zero-knowledge technology.
- Create clear and concise resources for developers that want to build applications using our Leo programming language.
- Define a strategy and process for onboarding developers into the Aleo ecosystem.
- Establish a rolodex of resources and support channels to guide new and existing developers building applications on the Aleo network.
- Structure strategic collaborations with select developers by creating unique incentive schemes that will keep them engaged with the ecosystem.
- Create a newsletter, forum, etc where developers can get regular updates on Aleo.
- Support our developer relations team by coordinating interactions between the Aleo core team and builders contributing to our open-source codebases.
- Define strategic priorities and OKRs for yourself and our growing team.
- Be an advocate for the Aleo ecosystem and work with product, marketing, and engineering teams to help grow the community of active developers.
What We Are Looking For In You:
- Individuals who are self-starters, have an entrepreneurial mindset and hungry to learn.
- Intermediate understanding of GitHub and general coding knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of blockchain and zero-knowledge technology.
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts to work closely with builders.
- Strong verbal, writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the existing privacy/zero-knowledge landscape.
Nice to Haves:
- Brings existing Web3 and crypto relationships/knowledge.
- Experience in developer relations or other kinds of technical education roles.
- Deep understanding of programming language communities.
Salary & Benefits
- $90,000 to $150,000 plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data.
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense.
- Regular team off-sites and retreats.
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.