At Coinstar, our mission is to empower consumers by transforming what they have into what they want. We are the worldwide leader in coin recycling and redemption with 24,000 kiosks serving tens of millions of customers in North America and Europe. In the past three years, Coinstar has become the largest network of cash to crypto ATMs.
Coinstar's new division, Alternative Financial Services (AFS), is a high-growth financial technology startup within Coinstar’s trusted 30-year business. We’re a passionate team of entrepreneurs who have built and operated fintech businesses in payments and blockchain. We believe our cash-to-crypto business is just the beginning of our journey in providing valuable financial infrastructure and services to consumers for cash, fiat, and crypto. AFS is building a remote-first team, with employees throughout the US (Coinstar HQ is in Bellevue, Washington).
The Director of Business Development is responsible for executing partnerships in support of Coinstar’s AFS business. You will leverage the scale of Coinstar’s network to provide a new suite of services via key partnerships. You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders across Sales, Retailers, Product, Engineering, Legal, and Compliance and with external partners’ leadership.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to navigate organizations and identify key decision makers, propose and negotiate deal structures that benefit both parties, and think critically and strategically to grow and drive business. You will be a key member of the AFS team, and play a pivotal role in making Coinstar AFS a great place to work, learn, and grow.
Education & Experience
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and partnerships
- Negotiate and execute business deals to drive growth
- Expand the profile and reach of the business, including attending key industry events
- Develop effective growth strategies that apply both to financial success and customer success
- Research the market to identify buying/selling trends, new markets, and customer needs
- Develop relationships with industry professionals, vendors, and other personnel
- Prospect and close product and business partners
- Perform market and product research to identify opportunities where Coinstar AFS can provide unique and defensible market approaches
- Analyze opportunities using data and analytics to build business case
- Define and optimize business strategy and approach both at the long-term roadmap level and to enable immediate implementation needs
- Facilitate cross-functional input to, buy-in, and implementation of the strategy
- Contribute to product strategy, roadmap, and positioning
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10+ years in business development, sales, or partnerships experience, including at least 5 years in payments and/or financial services
- Deep knowledge of industry dynamics, regulations, and business models in the financial services industry
- Proven ability to bring products to market working cross-functionally with sales, product, marketing, and engineering groups
- Ability to derive important insights through data analysis
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate across stakeholders
- Excellent strategy skills with a proven history of winning and driving complex deals to close
- Must be highly analytical, customer and team-oriented, and have the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Strong executive presence, with the ability to influence senior leaders internally and externally, including at the C-suite level
- Demonstrated a strong sense of ownership, drive toward key business goals, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to prioritize complex deliverables, understand key data trends, manage trade-offs, run meetings, and efficiently manage complex partner relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication
- This position requires some business travel.
We believe continued good health, financial security, and work-life balance are important. We offer a complete, progressive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible work-from-home policy and supportive remote work environment
- Outstanding health, vision, and dental plans that our employees rate highly
- 401k match, immediately vested
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax account for healthcare expenses)
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Corporate matched giving
We are Coinstar because of our people. We value and embrace their unique and diverse talents, perspectives and experiences and strive to build an environment where each individual can bring their best self to work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Coinstar will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our Human Resources team via [email protected]
We believe that diversity and inclusion make us a better, more innovative, and successful company, and we seek to recruit and retain a diverse talent pool. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we encourage you to apply.Location & Travel Expectations
- Our corporate headquarters is in Bellevue, WA (Seattle area) but remote/work from home arrangements are welcome as many peer team members are remote today.
- This position requires some business travel.
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.