Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022. Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you'll get to work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners to enable operating planning and strategic planning. You'll report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Uphold is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Director, FP&A must possess an analytical mind, an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business leaders, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth FinTech company.
What you’ll be primarily doing:
- Manage the overall budget, forecast, and long range plan processes by leading the coordination of activities, and related reporting and analysis tasks
- Prepare insightful financials and operational analytics for management to support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Support the monthly close consolidation process by preparing variance analysis and reporting of results the organization
- Develop and enhance financial models and planning processes to drive effective data analytics and provide recommendations that will enable quality performance management discussions and better decision-making
- Work with leadership to develop and maintain financial reporting consistent with business operations
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of quarterly business reviews
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes and propose
improvements to streamline the use of key business metrics
- Assist in the development, tracking and reporting of operational and financial
Lead a team of 1-2 analysts
- Minimum 5+ years professional work experience in corporate finance (specifically financial planning & analysis), accounting, or consulting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and Regulatory models
- Candidates with backgrounds in Financial Services, FinTech, or Technology
businesses including sales operations, or consulting organizations are highly desirable
Bonus if you have:
- Crypto, blockchain, or fintech related experience or deep interest in the subject matter.
- Experience working with a global product.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights planning and budgeting software
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.