Flipside Crypto is a rapidly-scaling startup servicing the web3 ecosystem, including embarking upon substantial investment in DAOs and other crypto-native organizations and assets. We are hiring a Director of Accounting on our Finance team to handle all things related to accounting, financial reporting, taxes, entity structure, payments, and token compensation plan administration.
This is an exciting, high priority new role, where you will have the opportunity to tackle future-facing problems in finance. The successful candidate will have experience in fast-evolving web3 and digital assets, but also have deep and broad experience in all things accounting, tax, audit, financial reporting, equity and token compensation, and international entity structures. If you are an experienced accounting leader who isn't afraid to roll up your sleeves, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team you will work closely with members of the entire Flipside organization to leverage your full range of strategic, financial, analytical and creative skills to achieve our business goals.
- Serve as the leader of all operational and technical accounting, reporting, and audit functions for the organization.
- Build and evolve a platform-type set of accounting, tax, audit, reporting, and other services to deliver to MetricsDAO and other DAOs via a service agreement.
- Serve as the leader of the effort to build internal knowledge of the evolving digital asset accounting space, including technical accounting and tax topics, including cross-border issues.
- Lead the effort to maintain and evolve transfer pricing, service agreements, royalty rates, and other critical documents in the relationship between Flipside, MDAO, and other DAOs.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships related to tax, technical accounting, and other advisors.
- Lead all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, GL, cost accounting and revenue recognition.
- Enhance our financial processes and policies to drive improvement as Flipside continues rapid growth.
- Maintain financial security by designing and maintaining internal controls.
- Lead month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process for all financial statements, including reporting to investors.
- Support all efforts related to financial due diligence, finance Board decks and other communications with investors.
- Jump in on a variety of other ad-hoc projects and analyses, as needed by the CFO and other exec team members.
- Overall 7+ years of experience in accounting and finance leadership roles.
- CPA or CMA required; other professional credentials also helpful.
- Ideal candidates may also have experience in fund accounting covering both hedge funds and venture funds within an investment management firm, a third party administrator, or accounting firm.
- Experience managing transfer pricing, royalty, licensing, service agreements, and related accounting topics and processes.
- Experience managing internal and external audit processes.
- Experience evaluating and selecting software and tooling for accounting, tax, audit, and other processes, especially specialized tools for digital assets.
- Experience preparing materials for and presenting to board members, investors, bankers, and other institutional partners and external stakeholders.
- Working perspectives on DAOs, tokenomics, and related topics from a financial management and accounting perspective.
- Experience in managing equity and token compensation tooling and administration.
- High degree of comfort navigating ambiguity and a very fast paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to leverage data from a multitude of sources to tell a persuasive story, tailor communication style based on the audience, and influence others in both verbal and written mediums.
- “Get stuff done” attitude – willingness to roll up your sleeves and engage deeply with all sorts of stakeholders across multiple teams and agendas, to accomplish what needs to be done.
Check us out👇
We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.