About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!About the roleThis is a senior leadership role supporting Kraken’s systems organization and reporting to the Global Head of Compliance. You will be a leader in our rapidly growing compliance organization, responsible for your own team of experienced compliance data professionals responsible for bringing data and analytics to Kraken’s compliance organization. You will be required to leverage your experience and expertise while at the same time helping your team grow to identify ways to making Compliance at Kraken a competitive advantage. This is an opportunity to redefine how compliance should be done, smartly. The successful candidate will be able to handle analytics and machine learning, as well as running a team critical to the success of the organization. You will be partnering with Product, Engineering and executive leadership to help Kraken deliver on corporate priorities while reinforcing our culture of compliance.
- Provide executive level leadership and problem solving skills to help Kraken successfully launch compliant new systems in a highly fluid regulatory environment.
- Build positive and influential relationships with Product, Engineering, and Business Development leadership to ensure that Compliance considerations are embedded at project inception across the company.
- Support expansion for new global compliance system launches by scoping and communicating product and compliance requirements.
- Advise Product & Engineering teams on Compliance operational processes and regulatory requirements across several markets.
- Collaborate with and support the Chief Compliance Officer and the rest of the Compliance team in evaluating and communicating compliance and regulatory risks to internal stakeholders as well as external parties.
- Oversee the drafting and ongoing maintenance of Compliance Business Requirements Documents and Product Requirements Documents for new product initiatives as they relate to Compliance.
- Contribute to a strong culture of compliance systems at Kraken.
- Fluency in English required, additional languages a plus.
- Experience and/or passion for the crypto industry a must!
- 10+ years’ experience working with technical systems
- 3+ years experience with data science including supervised/unsupervised ML Significant
- Experience in a previous regulatory or compliance managerial position at a banking, trading, payments, or fintech institution, hyper-growth fintech a plus
- Knowledge of Global AML Compliance and Sanctions Regulations
- Experience building tools that risk and compliance organizations use
- Experience leading teams of 15+
- Ability to prioritize and accept that priorities will change
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple lines of business and senior management, including across technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to quickly identify and understand complex problems
- Executive level presentation abilitiesAbility to lead in a growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn