About The Role:
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Pagoda and the NEAR Ecosystem. This team of designers, open source advocates, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We're looking for a Director of UX Design to be a creative leader who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout the design process and evolve the way Pagoda operates. As a head of the design teams, reporting to CPO, you’ll inspire and guide multiple teams simultaneously, building new and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
You will lead the next generation of User Experience in the NEAR Ecosystem as we scale our product and our teams into a new bold direction. You dare to simplify, thrive in a fast paced environment, and excel at getting complex cross functional initiatives over the finish line and doing so in a collaborative environment with open source community contributions at your heart.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive and lead the vision for our User Experience in product and the ecosystem.
- Provide thought leadership to develop the right design strategy, and use UX methodologies to bring value to the user and the business.
- Hire and manage highly talented product designers through ambiguity and change during hypergrowth.
- Co-develop the product strategy with product leadership through identifying opportunities to invest in for long term growth and innovation.
- Partner closely with product leadership, engineers, content designers, & creative brand designers to deliver high quality experiences for NEAR developers and users.
- Establish operational rigor for design: using principles, frameworks, qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product.
- Act as an internal champion and leader for design, UX & User Research
What We're Looking For:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience as a designer working on B2C 2-sided marketplaces, Social Networks, or Operating Systems
- Ideally 3+ years managing one or more product design teams.
- You are employee centric and love mentoring designers to help unlock their full potential.
- Demonstrated experience designing consumer-facing apps/websites and complex user flows across app and web with 10s of millions of users.
- A strong ability in visual storytelling, and an innate curiosity about people and their relationship to entertainment.
- Expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Demonstrated strong eye for executional craft with an obsession of design details with knowing how to make trade offs to get in market to learn
- Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- A demonstrated portfolio of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically across the experience and shipping successful experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead user research and insightful experiences that change patterns of thought
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- A passion for Web3
- Experience with products in mobile focused developing markets
- Experience with complex design systems
- Understanding of Open Source
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Design, Engineering, Marketing Interviews (3 x 30 minutes)
- Design Presentation (60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in US or Europe.