Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
Director of Marketing and Business Development, eBay NFTs
eBay is seeking an experienced Marketing and Business Development Director to lead the commercial success of eBay’s NFT proposition. The Marketing and Business Development Director will report to the Business Unit Head of eBay NFTs and will be responsible for the NFT buyer and seller value proposition, spanning the areas of marketing & communications, inventory management, partnerships, and customer education & support. This individual will be developing and executing commercial strategies that maximize buyer and seller engagement, revenue and profitability, and enhance our brand reputation in the web2 and web3 space.
The ideal candidate will help shape and grow our NFT business which includes a meaningful launch to many strategic initiatives. This person will manage a team of 8-10 direct reports and have a deep understanding of the NFT and web3 space, with a track record of driving commercial success for new products in these industries. They will be able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure that our NFT proposition is well positioned within the eBay ecosystem and meets the needs of our eBay community. They will come with a strong entrepreneurial attitude, find it easy to lead in times of ambiguity and persist in the face of setbacks.
- Report to the NFT Business Unit Head, working closely with the founders of KnownOrigin (UK) and key stakeholders across product, tech, marketing, communications and other business units within eBay
- Deliver a viable NFT value proposition for eBay buyers and sellers in close partnership with eBay’s web3 product team
- Design commercial models, identifying opportunities to maximize topline results, and co-lead on the development of eBay’s NFT P&L
- Serve as decision maker for commercial topics, overseeing: NFT inventory management, inventory partnerships, marketing, communications, and customer experience, leveraging existing eBay capabilities
- Develop and implement comprehensive go-to-market marketing strategy, ensuring alignment with business objectives, eBay marketing and communications teams, and oversee its successful execution
- Establish strong inventory strategies including creators and established brands, measure performance and continuously optimize the inventory value proposition
- Responsible for ensuring partnerships and NFT drops meet goals including revenue, engagement, and adoption with the eBay Global Strategic Partnerships team
- Orchestrate customer experience plan including support and NFT education together with eBay’s NFT product team
- Collaborate with other teams such as legal and product to develop and execute integrated strategies that drive business success
- Stay up-to-date with Web3 industry trends and relevant legislation related to commercial activities
The role is based in the United States. (San Francisco/San Jose)
- Proven experience as a Marketing and Business Development Director or similar leadership role launching products in the NFT or Web3 space or Collectibles
- Proven experience in designing and executing marketing and customer engagement programs
- Excellent commercial acumen, with a proven track record of developing and executing successful commercial strategies
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all times
- Comfort with articulating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences, with the ability to balance technical, legal, and business considerations
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude, able to lead in time of ambiguity and persistence in the face of setbacks
- Experience with P&L modeling and proven track record of delivering in line with forecasts
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment in California, Washington, or New York City is expected in the range below.
$160,400 - $254,100
Base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including location, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a target bonus and restricted stock units (as applicable) in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as PTO and parental leave). Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employees will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.