BitGo - Director of Sales & Country Manager (UAE)
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 300 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is currently looking to expand our Sales/Business Development team at the Director level. This role will report directly to the Managing Director of EMEA and is a great opportunity for senior business development professionals within financial services/cryptocurrency. We’re looking for candidates based out of Dubai.
- Increase revenues across the entire BitGo product lines in the UAE.
- Drive the sales strategy and efforts for BitGo in the UAE.
- Carry a sales revenue quota and be the main person responsible for bringing business to BitGo’s UAE entity.
- Raise the profile and footprint of BitGo in the UAE and the wider MENA region.
- Acquire and drive continued client and partner relationships.
- Represent BitGo products and services externally in client meetings and at industry events.
- Understand regional market microstructure and evolving regional competitor landscape.
- In addition to driving sales, also serve as the general manager for BitGo’s UAE entity, responsible for handling business administration and operations matters for the UAE entity.
- Work closely with the compliance function to ensure BitGo’s UAE entity is compliant with the relevant UAE regulatory requirements
- Sales experience of at least 5+ years in a client-facing capital markets or fintech role of which 2 years involve Digital Assets (preferred).
- Strong understanding of the complexities and challenges of financial markets and the crypto ecosystem, especially in the UAE and the wider MENA region.Experience managing or leading the sales process - generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. Experience with Salesforce is a bonus.
- Strong knowledge of Wallets as a Service, Custody, Trading, Lending, Staking and the prime brokerage business model, and its value proposition.
- Based or willing to be based in Dubai.
- Knowledge and experience with UAE financial regulators (preferred).
- Genuine enthusiasm for the digital asset industry and curiosity of new concepts such as DeFi, staking, and NFTs.
- Agility and appetite for learning new products/technology in a fast-developing environment.
- Critical thinking, open communication, ownership mentality and craftsmanship.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.