Executive Assistant to Leadership ( C-Suite)
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the Team
We are undergoing huge growth and are currently seeking a highly motivated, ambitious Executive Assistant to join our vibrant team. You will be entrusted with the hands-on execution of a wide range of tasks and projects (both professional and private) supporting our leaders. The need for this role has evolved alongside the executive’s career and will continue to do so - it is not an ordinary support role, be prepared to be stretched, work at pace, make big decisions and contribute to the overall success of a growing business. Not for the faint-hearted, but for those that do choose to join our team, you will be doing all of that with the support of everyone and a smile on your face!
About the position
- Manage multiple calendars and effectively coordinate a demanding schedule
- Coordinate complex itineraries and travel logistics (incl. submission of expense reports)
- Process various internal as well as external inquiries, ensuring deadlines are kept
- Oversee projects, liaising with adjacent departments
- Organise and oversee the monthly leadership team meetings and coordinate the publication of notes and action items
- Prioritise emails and respond when necessary
- Support with coordination of personal items as requested, such as family travel, creation of appointments, etc.
- 5+ years working as an Executive Assistant. C-Suite experience essential
- Experience in Operations or HR functions
- Willingness to work with complex and changing topics while ensuring a high quality of output
- Ability to work independently in a remote first environment
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to manage upwards
- Smart, switched on, intellectual
- Concise communication skills
- A good level of German
- Experience supporting someone who has not had an EA before
- Experience working across industries - finance, tech, sales - varied workplaces
- Experience with project management tools like Asana or Notion
- Interest in or knowledge about blockchain technology
About Working With Us:
For everyone who joins:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the UK:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.