It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are seeking an experienced workplace professional to support our growing team in Portland. You will be responsible for creating programs and managing operations that enable our teams to make an impact. You have a keen ability to design solutions to new problems. You take pride in making spaces both beautiful and functional and know how important even the smallest details are to make an environment great. You will report to the Regional CCO Experience Ops Lead. This role allows for 2 remote work days a week.
- Build and develop office programs and operations that support the needs of a local and hybrid team
- Facilitate and deliver both in-office and virtual events and programs to amplify culture within the local and regional teams
- Ensure an amazing office experience is had by all visitors to our spaces, including candidates, guests, and teams hosting offsites
- Collaborate with peers and contribute to cross-functional projects that build and evolve the culture of our team
- Assist in construction and facilities projects and tasks
- Source and manage workplace vendors and service providers
- Manage and reconcile office budgets
- Perform administrative and operational tasks and adapt to frequently changing needs and requests
- Provide direction and guidance to the onsite office coordinator
- Act as the key regional contact for all employees working within the Pacific Northwest
- 3+ years of building and managing dynamic teams
- Ability to identify concerns, provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functionally toward project goals
- Excellent collaborator with partner organizations, willing to take the lead from others to get work done
- Strong financial and operational skills
- Capable of accepting and delivering feedback strategically to deliver improved results
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $85,900 - USD $104,900
Zone B: USD $79,800 - USD $97,600
Zone C: USD $73,000 - USD $89,200
Zone D: USD $64,400 - USD $78,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.