Aurora builds an Ethereum-compatible network with increased scaling and lower transaction costs.
Aurora Labs has created the Aurora Ecosystem which mainly consists of two components: Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine. Rainbow Bridge is a fully trustless and decentralized bridge that interconnects Ethereum and NEAR ecosystems. Aurora Engine is an EVM built on the NEAR Protocol, delivering a turn-key solution for developers to operate their apps on an Ethereum-compatible, high-throughput, scalable and future-safe platform, with low transaction costs for their users.
If you are eager to dive into the competing cross-chain ecosystem and would like to work in an energetic environment, surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers, we would be happy to see you in Aurora Labs!
We at Aurora Labs are looking for a Governance Manager to join our Legal team. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere in the world.
- Execute extreme ownership;
- Strive for excellence;
- Embrace authenticity;
- Promote merit;
- Get shit done.
- US/EU qualified lawyer with 3+ years experience of working at a financial regulated institution/crypto start-up/law firm and 1+ years experience engaging with DAOs or other forms of Web3 governance;
- Experienced in and passionate about blockchain, different consensus algorithms, decentralized governance, DeFi, app development, and Web3 technologies;
- Good understanding of voting mechanisms and various securities law from multiple jurisdictions;
- Subject matter expertise in internal controls risk mitigation, governance, policy management, third-party risk management, systems access controls, and ethics;
- Strong ability to understand the economic and technical consequences of DAO governance proposal;
- Proven track record of taking initiative and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience working cross-functionally with a fully distributed team.
- Lead the decentralization process of the DAO, analyze different decentralization models/different DAO types and develop (best practices) recommendations;
- Be the architect responsible for designing and implementing tooling required for efficient governance;
- Advise the company on different voting mechanisms and structures;
- Stay abreast with new and emerging regulations that appear on the US/EU market and that have a potential impact on the company’s business;
- Be involved in day-to-day legal activities of the company and advise the company with respect to legal and risk management issues;
- Coordinate with technical teams to translate their work into governance models;
- Oversee and manage governance proposal flows;
- Create and implement the project plan, including targets for milestones and resources.