Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is looking for a talented and enthusiastic graphic designer to join our creative team. You will be influential in shaping how we bring the SDF brand visuals to life and share Stellar to the world. You will collaborate with teams across SDF like developer marketing, product marketing, partnerships, communications, and more while learning and receiving mentorship from senior team members. This role requires attention to detail, teamwork, and excellent time-management skills.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with designers, leadership, and marketing partners to craft designs for all of our creative tactics with guidance from leadership and peers
- Refine new and existing creative based on metrics to maximize engagement and ROI for ad creative and social media tactics
- 2+ years of experience as a graphic designer or similar role
- Proficiency using a Mac and/or PC and Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop as well as Figma)
- Experience or interest in producing work based on templates and best practices. Ability to follow direction from drafts artwork and finalize according to digital or print specifications.
- A strong portfolio that includes various digital tactics - digital ads, social media assets, webpage design, presentations, etc. (applicants for this position should submit their portfolios along with their resumes) as well as some non-digital applications like conference booth and print material design.
- A positive attitude and readily partner with all types of disciplines (marketing, design, strategy, innovation, and communications teams)
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines with guidance and prioritization from leadership
- Motivated, self-driven, detail oriented
- Manages their own time effectively with guidance from leadership
- Flags concerns in a timely manner and brings solutions to the table
Bonus points if you have:
- Multimedia creative production experience (video, audio, animation)
- Experience working in digital environments such as display advertising, animated ad creative, responsive emails and landing-pages
- Knowledge of blockchain tech, open-source software, or financial tech
- Experience in the B2B products and services.
Additional skills that aren’t negotiable…
- You have a positive attitude and readily partner with all types of people
- You understand the benefits of process and you use it to your advantage
- Be a champion for the Stellar brand and come with creative ideas to make it better
- Proactively seeks and leverages feedback from those around them to learn and grow
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $100,000 - $130,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits: