Blocktrade is the go-to asset marketplace for everyone, helping to create wealth and joy in life for a global society. At Blocktrade, we believe in the power of community and trust. We strive towards being the most accessible marketplace while holding ourselves to the highest regulatory standards.
We make no difference between origin, gender, age or wealth when we educate and support our community in becoming more financially educated and directly applying their knowledge to the digital markets. Only when every user leaves our platform wealthier in assets or knowledge, looking forward to coming back to further improve their life have we reached our goal.
About the position
As our Head of Finance, you will be based in Tallinn while leading our Finance team located in our Tallinn and Luxembourg offices. The position is crucial in supporting our executive leadership along with other internal stakeholders to achieve our ultimate goal of making financial markets accessible to everyone. You will be managing the company's finances and ensuring our financial health and growth - here are some of the challenges you will tackle:
- Leading, developing and grow our global Finance Team (currently team of 3)
- Establishing, managing and improving existing Finance processes, policies and procedures
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: overseeing and managing all accounting and bookkeeping processes and systems
- Budgeting and Forecasting: alongside C-Suite, creating and managing the company's budgets and forecasts
- Financial Reporting: making sure that the Finance team prepare financial reports for stakeholders and investors in an efficient and timely manner
- Risk Management: identifying and managing financial risks such as market, credit, and liquidity risks
- Fundraising: act as a stakeholder in leading efforts to raise capital for the company from investors, venture capitalists, and other sources
- Tax Planning and Compliance: maintaining the company's compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Financial Strategy: developing and managing the company's financial strategy and ensuring that it aligns with the overall business strategy
- Degree in Finance or Economics;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the finance/fintech sector in Estonia and/or internationally;
- Fluency in English; Estonian and other languages considered an asset;
- Experience in financial operations and dealing with investors and regulators;
- Understanding of and experience in risk identification and mitigation;
- Excellent accounting and budgeting skills;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and finance specific tools;
- Strong organisational and leadership skills and ambition to develop further in your career;
- Proactive team player with the ability to work independently;
- Team spirit and ability to work across diverse organisations and teams.
We are looking for an ambitious person with a solid knowledge of corporate finance and regulations. A core understanding of crypto-currency and blockchain technology is an advantage, as is prior experience in FinTech. We are looking for someone who wants to join our motivated and all-round awesome team to help us shape the future of finance.
To continue to provide a top-tier trading facility for crypto assets, Crypto Traded Indices™ and other tokenised assets, we are looking for a full-time Head of Finance. Here is what you can look forward to when working for Blocktrade:
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Experienced co-workers in FinTech
- A seat at the table – you get to participate in the decision-making process
- An opportunity to innovate and to develop state-of-the-art FinTech business solutions
- A chance to work on challenging and yet unsolved problems
- Mentorship – you will be guided by the best in the industry to help you get started