Welcome to Aleo.
Aleo is building the world's leading developer platform for private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.
Aleo is looking for an HR manager that will assist in several areas, including employee relations, performance management, data reporting, analysis, benefits, compensation, training and development, and tactical support of ongoing employee needs. The ideal candidate should have foundational HR knowledge and be passionate about maintaining culture, values, and a positive employee experience while creating scalable practices and delivering on the administration of all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan, build, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, and activities of the Human Resource department in the context of an early-stage startup, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s HR strategy
- Manage outside PEO provider
- Administer and oversee human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale
- Monitor and ensure the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to senior management
- Help identify staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management
What we look for in you:
- A high level of emotional intelligence, including the ability to manage conflict with candor, urgency, poise, and discretion
- Proven analytical ability with strong influencing skills
- Be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal skills) and effectively present to all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Ability to connect HR to measurable business outcomes such as hiring velocity, retention, and employee satisfaction
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Experience in the web3/crypto/blockchain space
- 2+ years of experience with a startup, working in People Operations, Human Resources, Recruiting, and/or People Leadership.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
Salary & Benefits
- $95-$125K plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.