Summary: The Investment Analyst will help source and generate investment opportunities within the digital asset space. In this role, you will perform research, valuations, and appraisals of tokens/cryptocurrencies, markets, and businesses and interact with other team members to deliver quality investment information for our business. To ensure success in this role, the ideal candidate will be well-versed within the digital asset space and have a passion for cryptocurrency and the digital asset financial and fintech ecosystem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Conduct fundamental primary research on blockchain technologies/protocols and cryptocurrencies
- Build financial models for prospective investments with illustrative value creation and returns analytics
- Propose portfolio construction rooted in rigorous quantitative and fundamental research
- Monitor daily events, news flow, competitive information, risk metrics across the digital asset/crypto space
- Meet with portfolio teams, write investment memo’s, and present to investment committee
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of the crypto currency and digital asset financial and fintech ecosystem
- Technical knowledge on token design, blockchain design/security is a plus
- Micro focus (GameFi, DeFi, DAO’s) over Macro (Bitcoin as a SOV)
- Passionate about the crypto industry and its developments
- Strong network within crypto a plus
- Experience assessing business and cryptocurrency valuations, monitoring market trends and investment portfolios, analyzing investment decisions, and generating key takeaways
- Prior knowledge/experience with various public/private investment structures, including but not limited to ETFs, mutual funds and partnerships is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Writing, critical thinking, and open mindedness
- Team player who can work independently
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, math, business, or related field of study
- One to two years of experience in investment banking and research
- One to five years of relevant experience
- If this position will be performed in whole or in part in New York City, the base salary range is $90,000 to $120,000. Individual salaries may vary based on different factors including but not limited to, skills, experience, job-related knowledge, and location. Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with this position.
VanEck is committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and to providing equal opportunity in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VanEck does not and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, covered-veteran or military status, genetic information, and/or any other factor protected by law.