About the Role
The DDC is a Decentralized Data Cloud protocol built from the ground up for Web3, capable of powering a future of interoperable, privacy-preserving, serverless data. It’s a unique combination of storage and CDN clusters that make it easy for developers to deliver content while making dApp development a breeze reliably. Compared with other storage and CDN protocols, it offers developers more control, flexibility, and ease of integration. It allows developers to choose geographical cluster locations, data replication levels, private/public data sharing, encryption, and more.
Cere is looking for an experienced architect who can drive the creation of DDC and the ecosystem around it. You will work on the system design from the prototype to the implementation, lead the engineering team and make key decisions for the business.
Here are some high-level topics the Cere Architect will immediately be involved in:
- design of the different storage engines
- design of the scalability and fault tolerance of the network
- working on a decentralized CDN solution
- working on smart contracts design for security and utility of the network
- Become a leader in developing and deploying Cere DDC and new technologies within our ecosystem
- Rise to appropriate challenges both strategically and tactically as they come up
- Developing a decentralized storage network of this size has never been done before, and unpredictable things will happen
- Have in-depth knowledge of DDC economics and how to develop economics with an ever-changing global economy
- Help steer the organization towards improved market penetration and assist in the adoption of new tools
- Monitor social and technology trends and get ahead of the market while pushing DDC on top of the market
- Participate in management decisions
- Participate in staffing decisions
- Monitor budget and forecast costs
- Support technical recruitment, retention, acquisition, and capital allocation efforts
- - Be an outstanding communicator of our technology strategy to partners, management, investors, and employees
- Research, outline, and direct the most effective solutions for our technology
- Architect new technologies for the integration partners
- Handle security and privacy-related audits
- Acquisitions and technology integrations. Be responsible for the due diligence, evaluation, and reporting
- Develop technical business plans
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience with microservices, k8s and cloud providers
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in distributed systems development, databases, or storage preferred
- Experience and understanding of blockchain technology and industry preferred
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
You’ll join a fantastic multinational team gathered by Silicon Valley veterans with 50 years of experience from Amazon, Twitch, D-Link, and Bebo. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. You will begin by learning from the experiences of our current team. Our Lead Engineers and HR managers will assist you with the onboarding process and work with you every step of the way.
Financial Employee Incentives:
Team members will get multiple financial incentives with the CERE token fueling our ecosystem. Together as a team, we work for one goal: 100 million blockchain users.
Multinational, High-Performance Team:
Join a highly multicultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia.
Be flexible in your work:
Morning person? Or a night owl? At Cere, you can plan your work accordingly. Take control of your agenda and plan your work around your life, not the other way around.
Highly Skilled Team:
Ever wondered what it is like to work with a team full of Silicon Valley veterans? At Cere, you can work with the brightest minds in the industry, whether that's our crypto-savvy marketers, creative HR wizards, or excellent developers.
To perform at your highest level, you will need the right equipment. Cere has multiple policies to make your WFH office a paradise or pimp up your desk in one of our offices. You decide.
In the ever-changing world that is blockchain, we need our employees to stay up-to-date with the latest developments. Cere helps you with multiple deep dives, presentations, trips, and other events to increase your knowledge.