We at Aurora Labs are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Legal team. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere in the world.
- Execute extreme ownership;
- Strive for excellence;
- Embrace authenticity;
- Promote merit;
- Get shit done.
About the Position
- Assist the company with regulatory analyses under the Securities Act of 1933;
- Assist the company by providing comprehensive legal advice with respect to new and emerging blockchain related regulations that are enacted on the US market;
- Analysis from a US law perspective of licensing and compliance requirements for the company’s products;
- Advice regarding compliance with KYC/AML obligations and government sanctions;
- Assist the company on successfully participating and entering on the US market, including by preparing any documents such as: guidelines, disclaimers, third party communications, etc.;
- Assess legal risks from a US law perspective in order to develop business-oriented solutions providing concise and commercially focused legal advice;
- Educate and advise the company with respect to legal and risk management issues.
- US qualified lawyer with 5+ years of relevant legal experience (preferably practicing at a fintech startup, digital assets or blockchain technology, crypto, or at a leading law firm, familiar with the Securities Act of 1933);
- Experienced in and passionate about blockchain, different consensus algorithms, decentralized governance, DeFi, app development, and Web3 technologies;
- Experience working at multi-jurisdictional business cross-functionally with a fully distributed team;
- Excellent organization, execution and project management skills;
- English language native or fluent.