As an integral member of our Corporate & Legal Affairs team, you'll play an important role in supporting the team's efforts in shaping our corporate development, governance structures, as well as contributing to litigation strategies, audit processes, and handling of complex financial transactions. This internship requires a foundational understanding in civil and corporate law, and an interest in litigation. An eagerness to understand the regulatory aspects pertinent to Bitpanda's multifaceted operations within the EU and beyond is crucial. While you will not be expected to have complete proficiency in these areas at the outset, a demonstrated willingness and capability to learn quickly on the job will be highly appreciated.
What you’ll do
- Advise, accompany and support the operational areas of Bitpanda and other team members.
- Legal support in all relevant fields of law and involvement in various matters pertaining to corporate development, structured finance, audit, governance, litigation and general dispute resolution.
- Draft and revise all types of legal documents like contracts, general terms and conditions, internal and external policies, etc.
- Prepare advice on a vast range of issues, including civil law matters, contracts, corporate governance, loan structures, establishment of new entities and branches, compliance, pending litigation cases with courts and tribunals and any other matters that may arise in the day-to-day operations of an expanding global fintech.
- Work closely with different departments within Bitpanda to provide the background and structure to navigate and shape the legal framework of our group and business.
Who you are
- A university degree in law from a Austrian/German/Swiss university with a strong focus on civil and civil procedural law and/or corporate law, as well as other legal areas such as supervisory law or IT Law.
- First professional experience in an international law firm or experience as in-house legal counsel in an international company.
- Strong interest in and common understanding of crypto-assets and crypto-related products and/or stocks/trading as well as a good working knowledge of traditional financial products.
- Team player, quick comprehension, solution-oriented way of working, ability to work reliably both independently as well as part of a team.
- Fluency in English and German is required.