The rapid rise of the blockchain and digital assets is disrupting and transforming how we do business today and it will change how we do business tomorrow. There is not a better time to join BPM Blockchain and Digital Assets practice. We are looking for a passionate Accounting Advisory leader with interest in or experience with serving an evolving and exciting industry. Join our BPM Blockchain and Digital Assets team, a team that loves serving our blockchain clients and helping them succeed. This team works with many large Crypto entities including exchanges, wallets, miners, trading platform, funds with activities in DeFi, mining, staking, lending and NFTs.
BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Mark Li, Dmitri Alexeev, Daniel Figueredo, and Mark Leverette. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
BPM’s Business & Outsourcing Services team provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
Pay Range -$140,000- 165,000
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
You Have (Requirements)
- A PASSION for blockchain and digital assets
- Licensed CPA, or in the process of obtaining the CPA
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience would be great but not required in blockchain and digital assets
- Minimum of 5-7 years of audit/Tax /Assurance experience
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience mentoring junior level staff
- Strong desire to continuously learn
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems, and implements pragmatic solutions
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
You Will (Job Responsibilities)
- Work with the blockchain and digital assets leaders and partners
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
- Supervise associate level professionals and delegate engagement responsibilities
- Responsible for communicating and resolving matters that arise during the audit engagement with the support of the engagement manager
- Be managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations, reconciliation of crypto/digital asset transactions using crypto tracking software and assisting in preparation of financial statements, and financial reports
- Provide information to the tax department and prepare the client federal and state tax returns
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving client satisfaction
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures
- Draft financials and report audit findings (both verbal and written)
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences
- Experience with crypto accounting software such as Bitwave, Ledgible, Cryptio, SoftLedger, TaxBit, Lukka, Gilded, and TokenTax
- Clear understanding of Crypto basis Tracking
- Exposure to DeFI, staking, NFTs, or margin lending
- Experience in blockchain and digital assets preferred, would be great but not required in blockchain and digital assets
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”
- Recognition as “Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area”
- Summer Hours – Leave early on Friday afternoons from June to August!
- BPMU – A corporate university that’s dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.