Who We Are
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. The Solana Labs team is highly specialized, so we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us build out the Solana ecosystem.
Solana Mobile lives within Solana Labs and is tackling one of the most important problems to solve across all of web3: mobile. To onboard a billion users to crypto, developers need better tools to build best-in-class mobile experiences, and crypto users need a way to access these experiences safely and securely. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency, and decentralized applications, then read on.
About the role
In this role, you will be a core part of the team building and supporting the Solana Mobile Stack (SMS) and Saga phone. You’ll be fully focused on leading the growth and adoption of the Solana Mobile Stack by product teams within and outside of the Solana ecosystem. Your work will primarily focus on three categories:
- Getting teams to build on Solana Mobile, creating a rich ecosystem of experiences in the Solana dApp Store
- Facilitating a grants program to fund public goods and potential breakthrough consumer apps
Running the dApp Store, managing approvals, rejections, and promotions
You’ll need to wear many hats: a successful Growth Lead will need to flex the skillsets of technical sales, solutions engineering, go-to-market strategy, product management, and relationship management. You’ll support teams building on the Solana blockchain with developer education, connections to teams across the ecosystem, product design reviews, and opportunities to build entirely new products and experiences together.
- Manage and drive an outbound partnership funnel across key mobile verticals including DeFi, Payments, Social, NFTs, Games, and Wallets
- Engage with priority companies and ecosystem players, explaining the value proposition of Solana’s Mobile Stack, driving toward high quality integrations which add value to the network
- Develop subject matter expertise in across verticals for current and future builders on Solana Mobile
- Operate a grants program, distributing funding to projects that will have the most significant impact on the Solana Mobile ecosystem
- Manage the dApp Store submission pipeline, reviewing submissions and managing contact with submitted teams
- Collaborate with dApp Store project teams to identify Saga-specific promotions and curate lists of the top user experiences
- Working fluidly with product, marketing, engineering, and executive leadership
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone - it’s a rapidly changing environment
- 3+ years of experience in BD / Strategic Sales / Sales Engineering role
- Multiple examples of managing high-impact, multi-stakeholder products or projects
- Experience negotiating and closing partnership agreements
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to track and report on multiple projects concurrently
- Passion for web3 as an industry / movement
- Working knowledge of the Solana ecosystem and opinions about how to further adoption of the network
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, attending Hacker Houses and ecosystem gatherings both in the US and Internationally and a passport is required.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in BD / Growth / Partnerships in web3 already
- Experience with product management
- Experience with mobile app development and submission to other app stores
- Sustained presence on Twitter or a hosted blog website