About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet â humanity’s most important technology â as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
As Network Engagement Program Manager at Protocol Labs, your team will…
- Develop a deep understanding of the web3 space and needs of the Protocol Labs Network, then synthesize and share your findings with network teams
- Onboard founders and teams onto the network, and connect them with resources and expertise to help them scale.Â
- Organize conferences, meetups, and events to foster collaboration and connection across the network.
- Develop web3 products, systems, and tools to facilitate network connectivity and solve common problems (e.g., network directory, etc.).Â
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and content strategy to grow our audience and highlight teams in the network.Â
- Build processes and systems to gather feedback and track the impact of our programs, then devise ways to improve them.
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have 10-15 years relevant experience in developer-focused community
- Have a keen understanding of different developers’ and users’ needs, wills, and cultures, especially in open source or web3. They should love interacting with you and hearing from you, and you should have a genuine concern for their professional success.
- Have excellent communication skills with a talent for bringing together cross-functional teams for large projects
- Get a kick out of leveraging first principle thinking to achieve great results
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- You have experience building scalable developer communities.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Technical or developer experience
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs’ mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.