It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are seeking a results focussed individual with a naturally positive and continuous improvement mindset, who has a strong background in leading a team and service delivery responsibilities in a customer service environment.
As an Operations Manager in our Customer Service team you will be partnering with our wider Afterpay / Clearpay Operations Team and third party / outsource supplier teams to deliver an effortless customer experience via our Customer Service contact centres. We strive to solve our customer’s issues quickly and allow them to get back to their day with ease.
This Role Is Responsible For
- Support the day to day customer service delivery of our outsourced partners and specialist in-house teams
- Champion effortless experience for our customers everyday in all Supplier Team Leader interactions; be our process expert on how to deliver an effortless experience for our customers in accordance with defined operations policies and procedures
- Facilitate Daily / Weekly Huddles Team Leader and Reviews with outsourced partners to maintain daily focus on service delivery, responding to trends and insights as needed
- In partnership with Workforce Management (WFM); Actively manage specific queues across both digital and voice to track they are being worked inline with global KPI’s, actively monitoring and tracking emerging issues or pressure points
- Stay connected with performance data and understand drivers of results; in partnership with Outsource provider teams build and deliver on specific improvement action plans/glide paths
- Identify training and coaching requirements for teams based on performance monitoring, feedback and data analysis (focused on Quality, Productivity and Service Lens)
- Execute on specific and measurable Coaching or Performance Management Projects to drive improved performance around specific measures / insights
- Work with global Operations teams and Outsource partners to ensure operational readiness for planned change and or incident responses as required.
- Work with frontline teams to identify incidents and raise with the technical teams / relevant stakeholders for resolution and guide agents on how to manage customers impacted.
- Define and help prioritize SOP and high effort process issues, whilst always keeping the global impacts at front of mind
- Prepare weekly/monthly Operations deck and lead Supplier performance reviews in absence of manager
- Act as a representative in the absence of line manager and support broader Afterpay/Clearpay teams where required
Be actively involved in fortnightly Calibration sessions with QA team and suppliers to ensure that an understanding of expectations is met.Qualifications
- Proven track record in Operational team leadership and customer service delivery; minimum of 2 years of related experience Customer Service Leadership in a complex omni channel model (voice, messaging, social)
- Self-starter with a can do attitude who is results focused
- Experience working in a fast pace forward thinking environment; delivering change
- As a ‘hands on’ coach you are prepared to roll your sleeves up and support the team
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Proven experience working in a complex team environment; preferably remote teams
- Motivated leader able to manage and prioritise competing tasks with a passion for operational effectiveness
- A genuine passion for ‘treating customers fairly’, driving positive customer experiences & developing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a natural skill for developing relationships both internally and externally
- Data Analysis and Insight capability; ability to identify and understand process trends / themes and to formulate meaningful insights from this for action or attention
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.