About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!Proof of workThe teamThe Regional Operations team goal is simple; to build out Kraken's operating effectivenessas we grow internationally.As the Operations Manager, Canada, you will have responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the platform while driving the build out of new products and services for the Canadian marketplace. Working with the Managing Director, Canada and supported by teams across Kraken globally (including Product, Treasury, Corporate Finance, Corporate Development and Regulatory Operations), you will be responsible for executing initiatives that advance Kraken’s operations and products in Canada in order to serve and grow its client base.The ideal candidate should have experience working in a banking, fintech, consulting or exchange trading environment, with a deep understanding of the trading cycle. In addition, you should have experience working with Product teams to deliver on business requirements in a digital environment. A good understanding of the regulatory frameworks applicable to crypto asset providers in Canada (securities, IIROC) would be beneficial. You are an ambitious individual who is excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems in this dynamic space. You are able to make well-informed recommendations based on data and analysis. You can communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise and actionable reports. You are not afraid to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ to get things done.The role is based in Canada (remote).
- Oversee the implementation of new Canadian regulatory and business requirements, working closely with Kraken global teams including Product and Treasury.
- Be the accountable individual for all queries relating to the operation of the platform, including from both external and internal stakeholders.
- Act as the COO of our local entity in Canada and be involved with the relevant internal governance committees and decision making bodies
- Work closely with the MD, Canada to ensure business goals are being achieved and regulatory requirements are met
- Support the Product team to operationalize locally any new global product roll out in the region
- Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environments to identify new and emerging risks and verify remediation of issues as applicable
Skills you must HODL
- 7+ years of related experience, with experience in business operations and working with cryptocurrency or other financial technologies
- Degree in Business or a related field
- Knowledge of the Canadian regulatory environment and upcoming developments is a must
- High-energy individual and self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Skilled in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead in a fast growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals
Nice to Haves
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CSC, CPH, PDO) is preferable
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
Global BenefitsFully remote and freedom to choose working hours Competitive salary, regardless of where you decide to work, with most roles including stock options and the opportunity to be paid in cryptoFlexible paid time offWellness Program, including an in-house fitness coach, well-being experts and monthly health stipend!Free Mental Health and Life Coaching Benefits for you and your dependentsAutonomy of a startup with massive scale and learning opportunitiesRemote workstation set-up bonus (based on location)And more!Diversity of thoughtWe are powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. Diversity at Kraken is supported in our diversity of thought and tolerance of diverse thoughts and this is why the ideal Krakenite is both thick-skinned and well-intentioned. As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Location Tagging: #LI-Remote #CanadaWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn