Apply now Job no: 525721
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Construction/Design/Planning, Executive/Director/Management
Department: 13050000 - DW-DIGITAL WORLD
OPS - Blockchain Lab Manager
Job Description and duties:
DIGITAL WORLDS INSTITUTE:
- Managing projects – project manager will manage all research related efforts by conducting weekly meetings, create and enter new tasks in the project management software, track time, and report to PI. PM will interact with the external BCLab partners and coordinate activities. The research-based effort will include work in Teamwork, Teams, Zoom meetings, and more.
- Educational content – project manager will manage content related efforts and support the production team. They will work closely with PI Suvajdzic and Co-PI Difato to facilitate timely course production.
- Community building – project manager will coordinate BCLab ambassadors and undergraduate students engaged in various community building efforts.
- Reporting - The project manager will assist PI Suvajdzic in preparing budgets, reports and manuscripts throughout the course of the proposed award.
- General Operations - project manager will take on rotating tasks relating to the general operations of the lab, including filing of travel information and reimbursements, updating websites, making purchases, and more.
Digital Worlds Institute (DW) is an interdisciplinary institute that offers academic and research programs at the intersection of the arts, communications, and technology. Founded in 2001 as a partnership between the College of the Arts and the College of Engineering, DW has grown its initiatives across additional units including the Colleges of Education, Journalism & Communications, and the Health Sciences. DW offers both a graduate and an undergraduate program in Digital Arts & Sciences. By bringing together the diverse talents of UF faculty, students, and staff in a multifaceted collaborative environment, the Institute serves as a platform for interdisciplinary research and teaching that would not have occurred within the confines of any one college or department. Through the use of interactive tools and technologies, the Institute promotes transdisciplinary creativity across classrooms, continents, and cultures. For more information, visit www.digitalworlds.ufl.edu .THE COLLEGE OF THE ARTS:
The mission of the College of the Arts is to be a transformative community, responding to and generating paradigmatic shifts in the arts and beyond. We achieve the university’s mission by training professionals and educating students as artists and scholars, while developing their capacities for critical study, creative practice, and provocation. The College offers baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. Approximately 1,700 students are pursuing majors in degrees offered by the College of the Arts under the direction of 130 faculty members in its three accredited schools— the School of Art + Art History, the School of Music, and the School of Theatre + Dance, and in the Center for Arts in Medicine, the Digital Worlds Institute, and the Center for Arts, Migration, and Entrepreneurship. In addition, the college comprises the University Galleries, and the University level of the New World School of the Arts in Miami.The University of Florida:
The University of Florida is a comprehensive learning institution built on a land grant foundation, ranked one of the top five best public universities in the nation in U.S. News & World Report. We are The Gator Nation, a diverse community dedicated to excellence in education and research and shaping a better future for Florida, the nation and the world. Our mission is to enable our students to lead and influence the next generation and beyond for economic, cultural and societal benefit. UF is a graduate research institution with more than 50,000 students and membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities. Gainesville, which is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s most livable cities, is located midway between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Together, the University and the community comprise the educational, medical and cultural center of North Central Florida, with outstanding resources such as the University of Florida Performing Arts (Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, the Squitieri Studio Theatre, the Baughman Center, University Auditorium), the Harn Museum of Art, the Florida Museum of Natural History and in the community, the Hippodrome State Theatre and Dance Alive National Ballet.Expected Salary
$65,000-$70,000 annually, depending on experienceMinimum Requirements
- Experience with project management software and methodologies
- Ability to manage fast moving projects and teams
- Experience keeping projects on-track and on-budget
- Strong writing and communications skills for reports, outreach, and general operations
- Self-starting attitude, willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changing tasks/needs
- Team-player mindset and ability to work with a wide range of team members and partners from different backgrounds
- Interest and enthusiasm for emerging blockchain technology
Special Instructions To Applicants
- Experience working with grant funding or managing day-to-day business operations
- Knowledge of online marketing
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Basic web development with tools like Wix or Squarespace
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies or blockchain development
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position includes applicable UF OPS benefits.
This position is in person on campus in Gainesville with the potential to being hybrid.
Time limited position with funding for two years.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
15 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard TimeApplications close:
13 Mar 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to WhatsApp WhatsApp WhatsApp Share to LinkedIn LinkedIn LinkedIn Share to Email App Email App Email App Share to Copy Link Copy Link Copy Link