About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. About the role:GSR is looking for an experienced Trader to join our busy and dynamic OTC trading team on a full-time basis. This role has been created due to expansion and high volumes of trading. This role will be an integral part of the firm’s Trading and Business Development team and will work with other members of staff across the globe.
The role responsibilities include:
- Execute trades across a broad spectrum of cryptocurrencies, including spot, derivatives and DeFi contracts, additionally help manage the central risk book, engaging in proactive hedging.
- Quickly and accurately price and quote vanilla options and more complex exotic options and structured products.
- Ensure correct booking of all trades and providing day-to-day trading operations and accounting support when needed.
- Work directly with other quant traders and researchers to gain market knowledge and expertise.
- Work with a variety of internal teams from sales, trading operations, legal, and management teams to support delivery of business development projects and pipeline.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of GSR’s service offerings and client base.
- Communicate closely with other teams on varying workflow initiatives and trades.
- GSR retains the right to reasonably change your responsibilities based on location and regulatory requirements.
Who we are looking for:
What we offer:
- You will be a disciplined self-starter with a high degree of motivation, analytical rigour and attention to detail. With a passion for communication and critical thinking.
- At least 2 - 5 years trading experience at a bank, hedge fund or proprietary trading firm.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous trading experience is required, and knowledge of cryptocurrency.
- Experience with Python, Linux, and Jupyter Notebooks is desirable but not required.
- Must be a resilient and disciplined self-starter with a significant degree of analytical rigour and attention to detail.
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits include Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. Comprehensive Corporate and Social Responsibility programs including matching charity fundraising and volunteer days. GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at www.gsr.io