Key Summary: The People Manager, PL Network role is highly versatile and execution oriented. You will have the opportunity to add value to the collective of 200+ PL Network startups around the world, building the future of web3, by managing projects and strategic initiatives that elevate their people practices and programming.
About Protocol Labs (PL): PL is an open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and many more. We aim to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. We are a fully distributed company. Our team members work remotely and in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances in computing and related fields.
About the People Team: The People Team enables PL’s success through -
- Designing and leading innovative people programs and practices that help people to do their best work
- Supporting all initiatives involving engaging, developing, and retaining people
- Driving sustainable and responsible organizational growth through effective talent management and development
As People Manager, PL Network, you will…
- Be the program manager for our initiative to elevate PL Network Companies’ practices and programming, while integrating our mission, strategy, and data into design, consultation and recommendations
- Partner with and coach PL Network founders and leaders to grow and scale their people functions
- Collaborate with Recruiting and DevCo leaders across the organization to implement people projects and strategic initiatives within the PL Network
- Iterate on related people practices and programming to help scale impactful initiatives across selected PL Network Companies
- Directly manage the People Coordinator, PL Network
- Review/audit work and identify + implement opportunities to scale, streamline and improve the function
- Lead ad hoc projects
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of People Operations experience, preferably in the tech/startup industry
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated People Business Partnership (HRBP) experience
- Experience documenting people practices for a large and diverse audience
- Built various People programs and solutions with the full life cycle in mind (ideation, MVP, launch, measure, iterate)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate content for different audiences
- Experience working in a collaborative team environments
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization by achieving credibility and influencing key decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- Excellent Google suite skills
- Strong interest in Web3, cryptocurrencies, OSS and decentralized work
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
The base pay for this position currently ranges from [X] to [Y], plus cryptocurrency and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.