Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a People Operations Specialist on our America’s People Operations team to help support and leapfrog ahead of Block's growth.
Reporting to the America’s People Ops Scaled Support Lead, you will be hands-on and responsible for overlooking People Operations employee lifecycle relating to service delivery and design in order to create exceptional people experiences at scale.
- Provide employee lifecycle support globally by responding to queries for all HR matters
- Troubleshoot data discrepancies and process data entry in Workday for all employee changes
- Manage recurring onboarding related activities (e.g., scheduling onboarding meeting sessions, Right to Work verification, I-9 reverification, international onboarding);
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose systematic operational solutions across various People data-related matters and processes (i.e., process improvements, process efficiencies, etc.)
- Implement initiatives, documentation and templates that can be utilized by the broader people operations team members
- Proactively identify team challenges, suggest, and propose improvement initiatives/plans
- Develop subject matter expertise on program, policy, or process aligned to various service areas
- Other related duties as assigned
- 2-4 years prior experience with Human Resource operations
- Proficient with G-Suite, Slack or other convenient technologies for workplaces
- Broad experience with software tools and systems, including Workday operational experience (Reporting or EIB experience is a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills, with experience implementing processes that scale
- Manage and execute 1-2 ongoing projects with high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Team player approach who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining reliable process documentation
- Ability to remain composed with aggressive timelines and a high volume of activities
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- Ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels with colleagues around the world
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 - USD $50.43
Zone B: USD $38.37 - USD $46.92
Zone C: USD $35.10 - USD $42.88
Zone D: USD $30.96 - USD $37.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.