We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher or general researcher to join our team at the Ethereum Foundation. In this role, you will conduct a literature review of sybil rank-type algorithms and present your findings to the team. You will also do a Python implementation of the algorithm you think is best. If these tasks are successfully completed, there is the potential for a full-time position and the opportunity to pass the idea to an implementation team while writing a paper about it and moving on to other projects.
- Conduct a literature review of sybil rank-type algorithms and present findings to the team
- Think about other algorithms that could be used to approximate sybil ranking
- Do a Python implementation of the algorithm deemed most feasible
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to conduct a literature review and present findings effectively
- Familiarity with the sybil problem and an interest in exploring new ways of scaling research
- Experience with Python and the ability to implement algorithms
- Comfort with remote, global team collaboration and a willingness to explore both synch and asynch communication methods
- Resourcefulness and patience in ambiguity, with a willingness to ask questions and seek clarity by drawing connections to indirect products and concepts
- Ability to work well both independently and with others, taking the time to understand the perspectives of your teammates and welcoming feedback
- Experience working in a democratic environment where important decisions are made by the agreement of the majority
Contract detailsFully remote contract with 3 months probation, details depend on jurisdiction. To apply please include a cover letter and a resume or CV and your github profile.