Sound is hiring a Product Designer to help shape the future of a new music economy that values artists and their music while connecting fans more closely to the music they love.
Sound is a suite of web3-native music and economic tools powering the next generation of artists and their communities. We’re passionate about helping artists capture more value from their art, and connecting fans more closely to the music they love. Since launch, we’ve onboarded over 200 artists (including Snoop Dogg, Pussy Riot, Salem Ilese, RAC, Soulection, and more) and generated over $3.7 million in proceeds that have gone directly to those artists.
As a Product Designer, you'll work closely with the Head of Design to formulate our product vision. You'll work directly with artists and listeners to build an intuitive and delightful experience for our users. You'll design, build, and maintain our suite of tools for artists and their communities, all while setting a high bar for design thinking, quality, and systems.
What you'll be doing:
- You will champion the end-to-end user experience and own all aspects of design strategy, visual design, and interaction design
- You will establish design best practices and consistently apply them to how we execute on our roadmap
- You will design and iterate on prototypes while incorporating feedback from artists/collectors and technical requirements from the engineering team
- You will create the foundations of our design systems and work closely with our product and engineering teams to constantly improve the user experience
- You will conduct user research interviews and usability testing sessions
- You will help to create a world-class design culture with an extremely high-bar for quality
Who we're looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience with a proven track record of product thinking, visual design, and interaction design for consumer-facing products
- You have a strong portfolio of relevant design work that conveys your ability to ship and focus on outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and a curiosity-driven approach to solving problems in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment
- You have a passion for music and are as excited as we are to design the future of music
- Knowledge and understanding of NFTs and crypto
- Familiarity with Ethereum and web3, and the nuances of wallets, tokens, transactions, etc.
- We offer top-of-the-line benefits, including health, mental health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote-first teamwork with team and community members around the world
- Work-from-home/remote office stipend
- Team offsites for periodic collaborative strategy sessions in person
- Passionate, supportive team dedicated to learning and growing together in web3
Sound is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, civil or family status, disability or race.