Total Compensation Value Range:
$140k-$210k (Salary + equity)
NOTE: Actual offer will vary based on applicant location / cost of living, skillsets, and level of relevant experience
About the company:
Eastern (UTC -05:00) and Central European UTC (+1:00)
Tessera provides ownership of the world’s most sought after NFTs! Working at Tessera, you will be building on the cutting edge of art, finance, and blockchain technology to help shape the future of digital collecting experiences.
You will get to work, learn and grow with an experienced team supported by incredible partnerships and committed investments from developers, collectors, investors, and thought leaders deeply passionate about the decentralization ecosystem.
You can read more from our medium posts here: https://medium.com/fractional-art
About the role:
As a product designer, you will be responsible designing the holistic product experience for a secret stealth project that is on the cutting edge of NFT infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating an exciting, engaging, and interactive experience for the community surrounding novel NFT use cases and interaction models.
You will also be expected to understand our feature audience and collaborate with our web development team and protocol team to understand and translate business requirements to elegant visual design solutions and experiences which will delight the NFT community!
User experience, prototyping, visualization, human computer interaction, user research, and marketing communication design skills will all be valued, as we add layers of delight to our product.
Our fast-paced, agile team will require a penchant for task management, a proactive attitude, attention to detail, collaboration, and prioritization.
What you will do
- Own design for a specific portion of the product
- Create UI & UX flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes, and pixel perfect UI
- Facilitate and participate workshops + brainstorming sessions
- Perform user research planning, documentation and synthesis to enable product discovery (in close collaboration with our other designers, web developers, and feedback from the community over channels such as Discord, Twitter, and Telegram)
- Contribute to team planning and feature strategy
- Proactively identify ways to improve the design based on feedback from the community across our channels
- Create design artifacts and visual elements that are reusable and scalable
- Contribute to a culture of human-centered design
- Execute rapid wireframing and prototyping
What we're looking for
- Degree in a design field, including digital design, user interaction, human computer interaction, related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in design, 1+ years of design as part of a product team working directly with developers
- 1+ years in interacting with Web3 products, NFT platforms, or decentralized protocols
- Experience across the full palette of digital design expression, web, mobile, and experiential
- You are an incredible design thinker with outstanding service design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build delightfully simple experiences.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Fluency in Figma design and prototyping [including clickable prototypes]
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your problem solving process, ability and work that drives results
- A keen eye and high attention to detail - let me know you've read this bullet in the first interview
- Experience working closely with PMs and engineers, and being the team’s champion and voice of the user when creating a feature
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams in a fast-paced startup
- Team player and nurturer of a healthy workplace culture
- No ego, a goal-oriented design enthusiast who both pro-actively seeks and invites constructive feedback with confidence
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude and a relentless passion for collaboration and creative thinking
- Fluency in English
Bonus points for
- Motion or graphic design work in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Experience with Sketch and InVision, and interactive prototypes
- Experience working in design for a consumer technology, ecommerce, SaaS product, or other software-related company OR working for a previous blockchain, cryptocurrency, or Web3 company
- 2+ years of experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Deep understanding of complex blockchain concepts
What we're offering
- Competitive salary (and equity) in an exciting space driving disruptive innovation
- The opportunity to play a key voice in our growing organization
- A remote work environment with competitive benefits and holidays
- 7 additional company holidays, including all-company week-long winter break
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for US-based employees
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- Optional offsite social events to help our employees become familiar with each other and our culture
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Once you've applied, please be patient :) it may take us up to 2-3 weeks to get back to you!
Don’t meet every single requirement???
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tessera we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tessera focuses on Digital Media, Art, Blockchains, Blockchain / Cryptocurrency, and Web3. Their company has offices in New York City, United States, Florida, New Jersey, and Remote. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Tessera has raised $27.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2022.
You can view their website at https://tessera.co/ or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn.