Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7. The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events. As a Product Manager – B2B Experiences at The Block, you will lead the evolution of the business focused Pro product. You will lead the Pro team, support in creating product processes, and drive product strategy for our B2B offerings. The Product Manager will be tasked with managing a product that touches nearly every department within the company You will report to the Associate Director - Product, who will work with you to set the Product strategy and vision for the Pro team. The responsibilities for this role will include managing the Pro platform, partnering with various teams such as Editorial and Research to build out functionalities within Pro, and partnering with Marketing and Sales to push awareness and engagement of The Block Pro. The Product Manager will be expected to be the expert on our user base and market fit. The hiring range for this role is $110,000 - $130,000 in base salary, plus equity and benefits. Base salary pay within the provided range will be refined based on candidate’s experience and location.
- Partner closely with leaders from design and engineering to build high-quality experiences at scale
- Lead the strategy and roadmap for the B2B product lines
- Know your audience inside and out, while being the evangelist internally for our users
- Evolve the Pro News, Pro Data, and Pro Research product
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management to truly understand our customers and the value proposition of our products
- Partner cross functionally with the stakeholders of each of your supported product lines
- Collaborate with the VP, Product to develop companywide product processes
- Individually contribute when required to meet deadlines
- Support B2C product team on their product initiatives
- Be obsessed with the competitive landscape and strive to identify gaps between our products and theirs.
- Build out world class systems to support our editorial and marketing teams
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions with stakeholders across the company
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example
- Experience with B2B product development
- Experience in building out scaled newsletter products
- Understanding of complex data infrastructures – Ability to synthesize into user friendly interfaces
- Ability to carry out work from concept to production
- Experience in working collaboratively
- Responds well to feedback and critiques
The following are not required, but are nice to have:
Who We Are:
- Experience in conducting user interviews and user testing
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Strong relationships with design and engineering teams in past work environments
- Experience working with component-based libraries
- Experience with Video Player products
- Interest in digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies
- Experience with data and analytics
The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.We are confidently humble.
We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.We are actionably curious.
We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day. We practice tenacious ownership
. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.We practice respectful partnership.
We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and Citibike membership. We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location. Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.