Product Marketing Manager - Competitive Intelligence
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
Within Parity’s Marketing Communications department the Product Marketing team is growing rapidly. We bring the value of the developer experience, DOT token, protocol and governance, and the ever-expanding ecosystem of parachain teams and dApps to the market. This includes owning messaging and positioning, delivering high-value marketing launches, and ensuring our Ecosystem Development teams are fully enabled to drive Polkadot awareness, demand, and adoption of our products and technologies.
About the position:
- Conduct primary and secondary competitive research on technology, positioning, GTM tactics, economics, strengths, and weaknesses
- Turn analysis into actionable intelligence by articulating the major facts and how to act on them
- Develop and maintain competitive collateral, including battlecards, alerts, case studies, FAQs, and enablement content
- Create a company-wide understanding of competitors through the timely and relevant communication of competitive announcements, insights, tools, and collateral
- Work with Ecosystem Development, Marketing, and Engineering teams on competitive analysis for messaging, positioning, and strategy
- Establish methods and processes to ensure ongoing competitive information flow to stakeholders across the organisation and the Polkadot ecosystem
- Measure the level of engagement and meaningful use of competitive content
- Experience in analysing competitive landscapes and specific competitors
- Experience with syndicating timely and relevant competitive content to internal stakeholders and an external ecosystem
- Familiarity with Web3: You understand key Web3 concepts and are familiar with the main players in the space (Ethereum, Solana, Avalanche, BSC, Polkadot, Cosmos, Polygon, to name a few). Experience in the Web3 space would be an advantage, but it is not a requirement
- Ability to roll up your sleeves working with various constituents to develop detailed source content such as landscape and competitive reports, presentations, and enablement content
- A high degree of accountability, coordination of programs and projects, and development of marketing solutions and tools collaborating with multiple departments
- Data driven to measure, analyse and iterate and develop competitive analysis and tools based on key metrics and goals to ensure optimal performance
- You will be reporting to the VP of Product Marketing
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Parity is a remote first company. You may work +/-5 hours from Central European time zone, US based candidates must be located in the Eastern Time Zone
- You may also co-work in our hubs in Berlin, London, or Lisbon.
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.