We’re looking for a Product Owner who will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the cross-functional stream-aligned team (SAT) in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality in your area of accountability. In particular you will be leading the charge on our onboarding flow, optimizing for conversion and getting the right client on board with Xapo in the most seamless way possible. You will balance our own UX capabilities with the complexities of Compliance stakeholders as well as our vendor relationships. Among other responsibilities, you will gather feature requests, facilitate comprehensive requirements gathering, schedule releases and coordinate sprints.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Collaborate with the SAT and other stakeholders from design through execution and implementation;
- Build a strong understanding of how Xapo members engage with and use Xapo’s products;
- Own the end-to-end delivery of improvements to the conversion funnel of Xapo;
- Assess opportunities, understand behaviour and test hypotheses using data analysis and discovery;
- Facilitate conversations between key stakeholders (Business and Technology) to determine the “what” and the “how” of product features; and
- Liaise and cooperate with internal groups as well as with external partners, from identity providers to regulatory partners, to identify new technical requirements and solutions, or to solve client issues.
- Create and maintain a product backlog that drives conversion improvements and better ROI;
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development that drives optimisations;
- Set Sprint goals, track, and report on sprint progress. Ensure the sprint delivers on the value that we want it to deliver.
Oversee and manage development stages
- Participate in cross-functional stream-aligned teams (SAT) as the Product Owner, effectively the CEO of the SAT;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined improvements to work on;
- Foresee and mitigate impediments to the team progress;
- Represent and serve as the point of contact between subject matter experts and other stakeholders
- Ensure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Plan, execute and monitor UAT; and
- Documentation of all the improvements and features that your team introduces.
Evaluate product progress
- Monitor the conversion funnel’s performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Iterate fast, shipping multiple improvements in parallel, measuring through A/B test frameworks their isolated impact so that we can see business impact as soon as possible;
- Recommend and execute on operational improvements, work with our operational teams to simplify the way we do business and create a better customer experience;and
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new features and capabilities. Here you will liaise with our Strategy teams as well, to ensure that any innovations get communicated properly.
- Build knowledge on industry developments, provider landscape and regulatory changes, to become the go-to person for all things conversion related at Xapo;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development;
- Be aware of competitors in the FinTech industry, and what innovations they roll out in their onboarding processes;
- Be up-to-date with best practices and new trends.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ years;
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is a plus;
- Deep experience of conversion flows or (fintech) onboarding flows;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of A/B test frameworks and practices;
- Expert knowledge about Web design best practices would be a plus;
- A background in Growth would be a plus;
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and architecture principles;
- Experience shipping market-leading products in a fast-growing fintech and/or payments company as (senior) Product Owner is essential;
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions;
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience working in the crypto space is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.