The Subspace Network is a layer zero protocol that is fully interoperable with any layer one, allowing it to serve as an infrastructure layer for the entire Web3 ecosystem.
Who We AreWe are building the Subspace Network, a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain that scales far beyond existing designs. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and will be launching as a sovereign layer-one blockchain early next year. Subspace Labs is a venture-backed startup with a globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website, view our team handbook, and read the technical whitepaper.We are seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our rapidly growing team of cryptocurrency enthusiasts and blockchain engineers. In this role, you will use your technical expertise to establish methods and techniques, plan tests, develop test requirements, write test procedures and reports, and conduct tests that utilize comprehensive knowledge of complex subsystems within the Subspace Network. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will contribute directly to the success of our project.
In this position you will:
- Design and execute test plans.
- Create and automate test casesRun regression tests.
- Record and document results and compare them to expected results.
- Determine the best methods to measure results from tests in order to detect software failures so that issues may be discovered and corrected.
- Design reliable and deterministic testsExamine and execute code in various environments.
- Manage code and asset integrations across multiple branches.
- Resolve integration conflicts alone or in coordination with software engineers.
- 2+ years of experience as a software tester in a Layer 1 blockchain context.
- 2+ years of experience with a systems programming language (Rust, C/C++, Go).
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, including cryptography, peer-to-peer networking, and consensus protocols.
- Experience with automated software testing tools and scripting for deterministic tests.
- Experience implementing testing in CI/CD pipelinesFamiliarity with the entire software development life cycle.
- Capable of automating and optimizing frequent tasks.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Active participation in Open Source development.
What We Offer:
- The ability to work with a globally distributed team from anywhere in the world.
- A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only).
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Subspace Network and grow into a long-term leadership role at Subspace Labs.
- Team offsites in various locations around the world.