Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Lead - (Automation (C#) / NFT) who is comfortable with working alongside our clients to achieve their business goals. At Qualitest, you’ll have the chance to support the best-known, most influential global brands, strategizing solutions in an incredible range of technologies, across all major industries.
You’ll have numerous opportunities to innovate with cutting-edge Qualitest tools, such as our AI-Powered Qualisense Test Predictor and our Qualiview Dashboard. Direct projects in Agile, AI, Automation, DevOps and other red-hot areas!
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. You will have a dedicated Engagement Lead for each assignment, coupled with on-going training throughout your career with us.
There is also the opportunity to work UK wide and as such, we ask for applicants who are fully flexible to travel UK wide.
As a Quality Engineering lead, you will be responsible for driving quality engineering for software products, building quality frameworks, and developing test automation solutions and appropriate tooling selection. This role requires a highly technical, creative, motivated, and hands-on experienced quality engineer to lead quality engineering and testing for a product portfolio, or platform of systems and applications. In this role, you will develop and execute functional and non-functional testing approaches and plans for an multiple product, platform or projects, expand and rationalise test scope library, including business functional use-case testing, Integration testing, negative and edge case testing, regression testing, UI Testing, API / contract testing. You will be the quality owner for a platform, product, functional, and application areas, you will need to define quality strategies as well as conduct testing when functionality. Will be a part of the Quality Engineering Team but working as part of a platform / product team that is directly responsible for managing the quality of complex in-scope platforms, applications, partnering with various engineering development teams
- Responsible for Leading Quality Engineering on products, platforms, forwarding the automate everything agenda, shift left policy.
- Directly responsible for the quality of the product, ensuring engineers are building quality into solutions.
- Directly responsible for overseeing the quality and process of quality engineering resources assigned on a initiative, ensuring the team has appropriate skills and experience
- Directly responsible for line management of quality engineers in a matrix management environment.
- Directly responsible for the management of 3rd party, partner, supplier testing
- Directly responsible for ensuring IACT and Non-Functional Testing (NFT) is factored into planning, scope, and ensuring appropriate tooling and resource are available when require
- Pester Testing
- Unit testing at all levels, including on stored procedures
- NFT tooling such as Jmeter, Grafana
- Performance baselining and testing
- Security testing, SAST and DAST incorporated into unit level test
Skills & Experience:
- Passion for driving quality into software products.
- 3 + year of coding experience, automation, development, IAC
- 8+ years of experience in software quality engineering.
- Use / setup Linting
- Experience working as an automation engineer, developer, or equivalent type of role
- Proven track record of driving quality focused on automation, building tools, and QA testing.
- Experience building test automation frameworks and business use-case testing.
- Very hands-on in developing quality frameworks and test automation.
- Experience in C# programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure and managed services environment, IAC and Pester Testing
- Experience with modern quality practices, such as pairing, TDD, BDD using gherkin, selenium
- Worked within an Agile delivery team, using Scrum and/or Kanban to deliver incremental business value through frequent software releases
- Take requirements and integrate tests into an overall testing strategy
- Willingness to learn
- Understands how to take a risk assessment based approach (i.e., figuring out what the likelihood and impact of a bug is)
- Solid experience working with dispersed teams.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and looking beyond what’s obvious
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Must have working in / applied Continuous Integration (CI) successfully.
- Must have a working knowledge of Software Quality Assurance methodologies and practices.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- See yourself working in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with development and other teams in planning and delivering quality software
- Experience with Octopus, C#, Containers, Azure, MongoDB, and Oracle
- Prior experience guiding a team of quality engineers or contractor/vendor resources is desirable.
- Experience using Jira / Test Rail / Zephyr for Test Case Management / Defect Management / Testing Metrics Reporting
- A deep understanding of Non-Functional Testing process and tools – knowledge of industry load and monitoring tools with project level experience of their use to meet Non-Functional Requirements.
- Cloud and IAC testing experience
- Salary – Competitive salary on offer
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Assessments
- Healthcare Cash Plan (UK Healthcare)
- Pension – Auto-enrolment to pension scheme after 3 months – 4% employee and 4% company contribution. The company will match contributions up to 5%. Increases with length of service:
- Life Assurance – 4x Times Salary
- Cycle To Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits Portal
- Annual Performance & Pay Review – Performance and salary reviews annually
- Enhanced Holidays – 33 days per year (including bank holiday’s)