About the Role
There are a few things we look for when adding top talent to our team:
First, we look for candidates who lead with authenticity, bringing your whole self to what you do.
Second, crypto is moving fast and so do we. Having an orientation to action and making the invisible, visible through clear communication & leadership are key principles for our team.
Finally, we believe everyone is always learning so demonstrating humility as we get better is how we will build a beautiful company.
- Report into our VP of Sales
- Drive business growth in APAC, with an emphasis on identifying and executing on opportunities to move the needle on Customers and Revenue.
- Be directly responsible for Region P&L
- Play a key role in supporting major regulatory/policy efforts, and subsequently ensuring that Figment operates in full compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements
- Be the face of Figment in the region, including media engagements, conferences and industry forums, and in meetings with local clients and regulators
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design counterparts in US to create products and user experiences highly-adapted to the needs of regional clients
- Drive Figments expansion strategy in the region, through Channel Partners, Direct clients and developing strategic relationships with the largest asset managers in APAC.
- Create strategic partnerships, bring regional M&A opportunities and venture bets; stay on top of market trends and competitive dynamics
- Partner closely with US teams to ensure operational excellence and that Figments brand and values are reflected locally
- Must have entrepreneurial experience leading a tech or fintech sales initiatives in the APAC market, and scaling it to at least $100M in revenue.
- Solid understanding of the APAC region regulated payment services and financial services landscape, particularly with respect to fintech.
- Experience in business development, especially payments.
- Past experience in engaging with regulators and managing a business/business unit subject to regulatory oversight.
- Great communication skills in English and the ability to work effectively in a remote-first organization, implementing global standards while ensuring that local requirements are met.
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, Finance, Risk, Treasury, Audit, Outsourcing).
- Keen interest in crypto/blockchain with a familiarity of staking.
- Experience in working with a multi-national & North American headquartered business.
- Self-starter who is excited at the prospect of growing a business in a fast developing sector.
- Pragmatic and solutions-oriented: always looking for more efficient and effective ways to do things.
This is a 100% remote-first working opportunity.