Role Location: Ripple Toronto
Ripple is a mission driven company enabling the world to move value tomorrow the way it moves information today. Ripple is transforming global payments systems through innovative uses of blockchain, digital assets and other new technology. Ripple is committed to leveraging its technology, financial resources and talented workforce to create social good at scale, through both its core business and Ripple Impact, its corporate social impact program.
Ripple Impact is helping to develop a more scalable, sustainable, ethical and inclusive global blockchain ecosystem by supporting education, research, and technical innovation in blockchain and FinTech through its flagship university partnerships program, the University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI). UBRI now includes more than 45 universities from 21 countries worldwide.
As a Research Associate for Ripple Impact, you will play an instrumental role in helping to grow UBRI’s program, through both employee-driven efforts and collaboration with leading universities.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be involved in delivering an innovative program at a great place to work with the potential to have a tremendous, positive impact globally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with the head of the University Blockchain Research Initiative to ensure all partnerships are adequately supported and highly productive
- Monitor progress of research projects and track major developments and milestones of UBRI to represent and share program success
- Identify and support subject matter experts and University alma mater internally and connect to partners
- Be a champion for UBRI inside Ripple’s culture
- Educate global employees on regional partner highlights and connect them to opportunities to get involved with local faculty and students on projects or events
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Graduate degree
- Strong understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or related fields
- Experience working with engineers within an engineering driven culture with a desire to innovate, build and grow things
- Strong literature review and data analysis skills with proficiency with metrics, tracking and reporting
- Ability to bring people together around a common goal and lead by example
- Exceptional communicator with strong writing and presentation skills
- Proficient relationship management skills; ability to reach out, initiate and cultivate relationships with both internal and external contributors
- Experience bridging industry and academic worlds
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of moving the needle / doing something new and innovative
- Enjoy mentoring and inspiring the people that you work with and see diverse teams as an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER INTERNS:
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything >
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)