Monad Labs is creating the foundation for a new world of powerful decentralized applications. We’ve developed the first parallel EVM executor, and have paired it with significant innovations on consensus, pipelining, and storage to build the Monad blockchain, an ultra-performant EVM-equivalent blockchain supporting 10,000 TPS while remaining highly decentralized.
Founded byJump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring software innovations that enable a new, high-performance decentralized system that is backward-compatible with existing EVM apps and Ethereum infrastructure. We are backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Cobie, and Hasu.
Our mission is to enable a new universe of decentralized apps—use cases and user flows that are currently impossible—by drastically reducing EVM computation costs. Ultimately, our work will unleash the power of decentralization to make the world more efficient and fair.
After strict focus on developing our core infra and technology, the Monad blockchain is quickly approaching its Testnet v0 release. Ahead of that launch, we are growing our team (currently almost all engineers) to include a Research Writer.
As Research Writer, you will become the voice of Monad Labs and an evangelist for the Monad blockchain. Your work will educate many users and developers, and will help Monad’s community grow rapidly.
This role is on the critical path of Monad’s growth.
- Excellent knowledge of major crypto protocols, especially L1s and L2s (e.g. consensus mechanisms, economic security design, interoperability). Some examples of topics you should know well: PoW in Bitcoin, PoS in Ethereum, tendermint, IBC, MEV, PBS, and others.
- You’ve written about technical crypto topics in a clear and engaging manner
- You’re crypto-native: you’re immersed in crypto culture, and aware of the prevailing personalities, memes, and major narratives and projects
- You have experience writing engaging Twitter threads
Required personal attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and independence
- Ambition to have your writing reach many people
- Technical curiosity
- Clarity of thought
- A sense of humor
- Enthusiasm about learning and teaching
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of enabling far more decentralized computation
- Experience developing your own publication (substack etc)
- Previous experience at a L1 or L2 blockchain protocol
- Experience with Dune Analytics or more generally with querying blockchain data for insights
- Knowledge of Solidity and smart contract security
- CS background
- A love for memes
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll conduct research on technical topics related to Monad’s mission of decentralization and scale. These topics will range from Monad-specific innovations and performance, to more general insights about the crypto space and current user or app behavior.
- You’ll convert that research into insightful articles and twitter threads that educate the community about Monad’s technology, and what the future will look like with Monad in the mix.
- You’ll develop content for varying levels of technical background (everyday users, app developers, and researchers).
- You’ll write for various platforms, from long-form (medium and mirror.xyz) to twitter, reddit, and podcasts.
- You’ll work alongside other members of our team to build a coherent brand and voice for Monad.
- You’ll stay up-to-date on apps, topics, and narratives, and incorporate current events into your writing. Your knowledge of the state of crypto will help inform our team’s strategy with respect to partnerships and new initiatives.
- You’ll help Monad’s presence grow to be as big and engaged as possible.
Why work with us
- You’ll be at the forefront of Monad’s success story, communicating our unique selling points and sharing our vision of the future
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll work with great people
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and equity package
- Your work will be deeply impactful, helping crypto and decentralization to scale, and ultimately paving the way for a new world of dapps that improve many people’s lives.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $75,000 - $150,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; health coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together a few days a week. We are open to remote candidates, with a preference for candidates based in NYC.