The Subspace Network is a layer zero protocol that is fully interoperable with any layer one, allowing it to serve as an infrastructure layer for the entire Web3 ecosystem.
Who We AreSubspace Network is building a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain which allows developers to easily run Web3 apps at Internet scale. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and plans to launch its Network later this year. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a remote-first, globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website, view our team handbook, and read the technical whitepaper.We are seeking a Rust Backend Engineer to complement our product engineering team. Key responsibilities would include maintaining and contributing to the backend component of several user and developer facing tools, services, and applications including our developer SDK, node CLI, tauri desktop app, subsquid-based block explorer, and substrate telemetry service.
In this role you will:
- Build web, desktop and CLI applications to unlock participation in the Subspace Network for as many non-technical users as possible.
- Maintain and extendmonitoring tools and services like telemetry and block explorer.
- Integrate directly with other blockchain networks using native RPCs.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering to define, prioritize, and build features for Web3 users.
- Drive detailed project definition and cross-functional alignment.
- Design and architect backend API services.
- 3+ years of experience with building applications and/or backend services with modern server-side or systems programming languages.
- 2 + years of experience building backend services with Rust.
- 1+ years of blockchain industry experience building open-source code that is clean, maintainable, and well-tested, for production networks at scale.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker.
- Experience building developer SDKs and internal tools.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies
- Experience writing smart contracts in Solidity or similar language.
- Experience working with the Substrate framework.
- Experience working with the Tauri desktop application framework.
- Experience building high volume monitoring services.
- Theoretical knowledge of blockchains and distributed systems.
What We Offer:
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world with a talented team of globally distributed individuals.
- A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US based only).
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Subspace Network and play a critical role in building the world’s most scalable blockchain.
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.